Merry wanee trail back to Yosemite

Discussion in 'Beat and Hippie Books' started by Yjb, May 19, 2021.

1. Yjb

Yjb Newbie

Read this as an online book 10 years or more ago and can no longer find it. I believe the name was Merry wanee trail back to Yosemite, a collection of hip tales but I could be remembering it a little wrong. Anyone heard of it or know where I can get a copy?
    Thanks!

2. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Wayne Merry was one of the three in a group who first climbed El Capitan in Yosemite.

from The Atlantic

3. Yjb

Yjb Newbie

Much appreciated but not the right book. The book I am searching for is a collection of stories from folks on the road and their adventures in the hippie era. Thanks for looking into it.

~Zen~ likes this.
  4. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

I once found a book in Amsterdam, it was a collection of hand-typed stories along with news clippings and black and white pictures of the era. We used it researching the book "Hippies From A to Z" by Skip Stone.

I like reading these tales of mystery and fame.

Yjb likes this.
  5. Yjb

Yjb Newbie

I bet it was something like that someone had typed out and posted on an old forum. It was an awesome read, going to continue my search and will post up if I find out. I'm sure this community would enjoy it.
    Thanks again!

~Zen~ likes this.
  6. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

There's a hotel near Yosemite called the Ahwahnne Hotel. Maybe that's it instead of Merry Wanee.

Yjb and ~Zen~ like this.
  7. Yjb

Yjb Newbie

Two years later and I finally found it. Turns out they changed the name due to people thinking it was about Yosemite. If you are looking for a good read check out
    American Bhogee by Tai Eagle Oak -

~Zen~ likes this.