Mental programming

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Ironcore, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Ironcore

Ironcore Member

Will God allow us to enhance our rate of evolution to the point of genetic engineering?

That is what I wonder

2. Raving Sultan

Raving Sultan Banned

I wished myself a bigger penis and it grew right in front of my eyes!

3. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

I'll just bet it did. :p

4. Raving Sultan

Raving Sultan Banned

If you don't use it you lose it they used to tell me

5. hippychickmommy

Used to? So they don't tell you that anymore? And who are "they"? Those little voices in your head acting up again? [​IMG]

6. Raving Sultan

Raving Sultan Banned

Speaking of voices, having a partner whisper in your ear is incredibly sexy. It lets them tell you things they otherwise would be bashful saying. And you have to pay close attention too, there's no repeating!

7. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

A few drinks will make you believe you can take that huge guy with all the tattoos....

8. hippychickmommy

Are you giving me pointers DJ? ;)

9. Raving Sultan

Raving Sultan Banned

I doubt it, after being married for as long as you have compared to my meager experience with a few lucky ladies, I'm sure you have been able to outdo even DJ.

10. hippychickmommy

True, but you've had more partners. I've only had one. Although, I do have 10 years worth of experience with him. ;)

11. Raving Sultan

Raving Sultan Banned

I was quite shy and timid in bed until about 21. Then i dated an older mexican girl (23) who opened my eyes to what sex was about. Not getting off but doing little things to give your partner pleasure and excitement, and then getting off!
    Good girl she was.

12. hippychickmommy

You know, I was shy and timid with my hubby up until we had our first son. Seriously. I mean, I definitely enjoyed myself and so did he, but I was a lot more inhibited before. After the birth, I don't know if it was hormones or what, but I became a lot more free, like a weight was lifted off of me somehow, and suddenly, I found a side of me that I was finally able to truly appreciate and enjoy, and it's gotten even better with the years. :)

I grew up with really warped ideas about sex. I saw it as dirty, bad, and shameful, and I had a lot of guilt to muddle through. Unfortunately, this kind of thinking came from sexually abused family members who had their hang-ups because of what happened to them in the past, and then passed on those feelings to me. I was lead to believe that the female body was disgusting. So I had a lot of work getting myself out of that rut. But luckily, I had a very understanding and supportive husband that understood, and had patience with me while I worked through those feelings.

Anyway, I vow that I will never relay that kind of thinking with my own children when it comes to sex. I've broken that circle.

13. indescribability

indescribability Not To Be Continued

As smart as you are, I see that you're too dumb to realize there is a Philosophy forum where this would fit much better :H

14. indescribability

indescribability Not To Be Continued

That question is only truly tough for those with limitless options. The kid who can't pass pre-algebra in 11th grade is obviously never going to have the chance to be a physicist or a math teacher etc. Some, if not many, have limited choices whether it's due to poor decisions, circumstances of habitat, or anything else for that matter.

Comprehension and retention of information do play a large role in how smart somebody is perceived to be, but there are many more measures of intelligence. Common sense is a form of intelligence. How many book smart people do you know that couldn't reason their way out of a paper bag? Smart is too subjective to be definitive, in my opinion. Rare cases and exceptions do apply, obviously.

When one is raising a child, this is exactly what one does. They program their children, in essence. Through repetition you instill in them the things you believe in. You tell them how to react to situations and events. You teach them skills you believe to be important. Some of it children grasp through no effort of the parent. It's a given that if children see their parents in routines it will be ingrained in their mind as a normality, whether they understand what's going on or not.

For instance, if your child hears the word, "fuck", 10 times a day for the first 5 years of his life, he's eventually going to stub his toe and say, "fuck". At that point "reprogramming" is necessary. Obviously there are positive examples as well, but this was an easy one.

The problem is not that people don't realize and believe this concept. It's that they are teaching the wrong things, or failing to teach at all. Once on reaches the age of reason they are perfectly capable of 'reprogramming' their thought processes and beliefs. The average person is just to apathetic to give it enough time to become habitual, and natural as opposed to forced behaviour and thoughts.

Edit: Great thread.