Menstruating: Anyway to make it faster?

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by DancerAnnie, Apr 9, 2008.

1. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

So I haven't seen my boyfriend in two and a half months and he's finally going to be here on Friday...I started my period today (Wed.). Wouldn't you know it? He's only going to be here for four days and I menstruate for six days...

This is probably a shot in the dark, but, is there a way to make my period shorter? Any herbs or anything? I'm desperate at this point!

I don't like the way it feels to have sex during my period...it makes me uncomfortable, so I'm just wondering if there is anyway around it.

P.S.
    I'm not on the pill, so I cannot regulate it that way.

2. babyhellfire

babyhellfire Banned

Going swimming in the beach always made my period start a bit early..but i dunno anything that would make it shorter :( .

Do you use tampon?I have heard tampons can irritate the lining and make your periods longer.
    I use a diva cup and my periods are MUCH shorter using it than they were using pads... but since you have already started i dunno a way to make it shorter this time.
    Drink lots of water,maybe?

period sex is always yucky to me too- it makes me more crampy and it isn't lubed right.

3. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

From the JAMA:

If I were you, I'd just go for it. It's not the heavy part of your flow, and you probably are going to be all sensitive and horny when he arrives Friday.

Have a good shower and try not to get the sheets dirty. Go for it!

4. Stillravenmad

Stillravenmad Member

I really don't know how healthy it is to try to shorten your period unless you're bleeding for an excessive amount of time (weeks or months).

5. Claire

Claire Senior Member

It might make it a more intense experience to concentrate on other areas instead anyway, if you feel uncomfy having full sex?

Don't know anyway to make it go faster, wish I did though!!

Hope all goes well
    Clairex

6. otss

otss Member

Switch to a menstrual cup or free bleed for a while. I'm guessing you use tampons. They make it last longer along with many other problems. If you use a method that doesn't block the flow it will be a day or 2 shorter. Also you could try using some lube on the light days that will help with the odd felling. Take a shower right before or during :)

7. Bumble

Bumble Senior Member

i heard orgasms help speed up menstruation.

8. peacechicka1

peacechicka1 Member

yeah if you masturbate or have sex like 2 days before your period ( ive tried this and it worked for me) your period comes faster but idk if it makes it shorter, but itll definitely arrive a day early...I think it's where when you orgasm your uterus contracts causing it to ~flow~ sooo hope that helped =) Good luck

9. sarahrei

sarahrei ~Lover~

I always just use my kegel muscles to speed it up. I just kind of push it out, it normally stops it enough for me to have sex. Personally I find it easier to do in the bath.