Memorial Day

Discussion in 'Politics' started by FreakyJoeMan, May 30, 2004.

1. FreakyJoeMan

FreakyJoeMan 100% Batshit Insane

Fuckin' thank you, all you army people. Fuckin' served the country.

2. psychedelic_unclesam

psychedelic_unclesam Member

Yay we all get off work and school.

3. MaxPower

MaxPower Kicker Of Asses

Hey FreakyJoeMan, you don't happen to belong to the Gamespy Forums do you?

Oh yeah, and Memorial Day kicks ass.

4. Maverick

Maverick Banned

It's just too sad it took this long to make a WW2 memorial, whom are the war generation.

My father has a shirt that reads: If you enjoy freedom, thank a veteran.

5. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

Veterans in our country need to be treated better. Too many people look at memorial day as a day off of work/school. We forget why we have it.

It always makes me sad when I see a homeless veteran, missing limbs, at a street corner begging for money and food. We need to take care of our soldiers WAY better than that.

"The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they perceive the Veterans of earlier wars were treated...by their Nation." - George Washington

6. Megara

Megara Banned

actually i am not surprised it took this long.

It was characteristic of that generation to do their duty and come home..that was it. They didnt need gaudy memorials to be remembered. Everyday that they were able to live freely was more important than any monument that could ever be built.

7. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

I dunno, I like being off of school and everything, but this means that Bush is going to make some speech about how he supports our troops even though they are underfunded in Iraq, kindof exploited by halliburtan (sp?) basically everywhere and all the while he is slashing VA benefits.
    Fuck him.

8. gonzobug

gonzobug Visitor

i agree totally, today people are obsessedwith Memorials and vigils and counseling over everything, it easier to cry and botch over things tand feel al imprtant that your thinking about it rather than do anything,look at the bitching an fighting over the WTC memorial, they want a wailing wall for everything( persoanlly i think the WTC should be left as is, no beter reminder than the damage done) its proper to show thse men and women that they are remembered and appreciated, but you never heard them complain over the years.

9. Jetblack

Jetblack Senior Member

i live by DC and i just went to the memorial its great every1 should go check it out

10. CyberFly

CyberFly Banned

11. Jozak

Jozak Member

I just wished my grandpa (ww2 vet) could have lived to see the memorial.

12. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

Me too Jozak, mine died just before 9-11 though, at least he missed that whole thing.I agree that memorial day is a good and valid holiday, I just wish our country could become a little less war-oriented.