Megabus

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Power_13, May 10, 2007.

1. Power_13

Power_13 insult ninja

Hey guys. Just wondering something. Does Megabus only run single-decker services, or are some double decker?

I'm considering using them for a trip to London, but I've been shit-scared of double deckers ever since one nearly flipped during a particularly windy day. I can cope for half an hour or so, but four hours would probably result in some unstylish brown scented underwear, a veritable fashion faux pax in swinging London. It's still cheaper than National Express though, and I have an arse of steel that can withstand even the most uncomfortable seats.

Are there any other things to take into consideration? I'm kind of new to this travelling lark. The only time I've ventured out of my small hometown in the past is into neighbouring towns for the family rag and bone business.

Got to go now. My father is calling me, the dirty old man. I bet 'e's complaining about something again. At least Hercules (the old cart horse) never bloody moans.

2. Raskalization

Raskalization Making plans for Nigel

Sorry man I can't help you, but cheers for making me piss myself :D

3. verseau_miracle

verseau_miracle Banned

I went on megabus from cheltenham to London and back a few weeks back. It was a single decker. They may use doubles, i duno, but ive never seen one

Wow, i could actually give a semi-useful comment in this thread, im surprised

4. lithium

lithium frogboy

Most of the megabuses I've been on have been double deckers, in fact I think only a part of one journey was on a single decker. Depends on your area and route but I think the idea is to pack as many people in as is physically possible to make it economical, so double deckers would be used wherever there is enough demand to fill one up.

5. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned

Why not phone them up and ask them ?.

6. Power_13

Power_13 insult ninja

That's too easy. :tongue:

Nah, seriously, it's a bit of a daft question and I'd feel a bit embarrassed asking about it. :)

Cheers for the responses. I think I'll go by National Express instead :)

7. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned

Nagh - I do not think that is a daft question but i dunno - i've never asked that before.

I'll phone them up if youi like :)

I'm always asking daft questions.

8. Power_13

Power_13 insult ninja

No problem, don't worry about it. Cheers for the offer though :)

9. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned

Ok - fair enough.
    Given that i offered - when i ask for you to phone up Lindsay Lohan for me - the answer should be YES.

10. J0hn

J0hn Phantom

Some Megabuses are actually coaches. They start from Victoria coach station and go direct to places but you may need to stop at some layby while the driver takes a whizz behind a bush.

11. Power_13

Power_13 insult ninja

Sorry, she's had my number blocked already :(

12. ripple

ripple Member

They defiantely do double deckers up here. They always have a massive picture of a fat rosie cheeked bus driver on the back of them looking like hes away to have a heart attack.

13. lithium

lithium frogboy

I always thought he had a bit of a psychotic stare ... like ...

[​IMG]
    "I may be driving your bus, but I really want to pull over into this lay-by and stab you dead and then cook your face on my campingaz stove"