Meet the Fockers

Discussion in 'Movies' started by kilted2000, Dec 28, 2004.

1. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

Shit, now I have to see it
    Damn, I'm goin' right now

2. navyboy21

navyboy21 Member

I don't really know what to say about this movie. I can't say I enjoyed it immensley but it had some memorable scenes but on the whole it seemed that they were trying to make it more funny by adding sex jokes that had been used millions of times before. It really wasn't necessary and i personally think it would have been better if every other sentence didn't have to do with sex or foreskin. And the characters seemed out of place. The original parents were completely different in the first movie; their entire outlook has changed. But it did hit a few good notes, though it seemed like the jokes were something a 10-year-old had made up. But, all things aside, the hippy parents were cool, but like Gay said, "They're good...in small doses".
    P.S. Does anyone know what the whole "muskrat" thing meant?

3. the_dude

the_dude Senior Member

is the name of the movie some sort of reference to peter jacksons meet the feebles?

4. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

no, it's a reference to its prequel Meet the Parents

5. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I don't think it was as good as the original, but it was quite funny...

6. wallflowergirl

wallflowergirl Member

I didn't think it would be very good, really, but I loved it! Dustin Hoffman and Barbara Streisand were so good in it, they were my favorites. I want to be a sex therapist and teach old people how to get their groove back on, that would be an awesome job! :)

7. wallflowergirl

wallflowergirl Member

Oh and the house that the Fockers lived in was the coolest house I have ever seen in my life. I kept looking at all of the details the whole time I watched the movie, haha. I want to live in that house!!!

8. akunasaka24

akunasaka24 Member

I wanna be a sex therapist now too! That would be really fun. But the movie was really good!

9. gertie

gertie Senior Member

i don't care what people think... i saw it the other day and it made me happy

10. Skoozy

Skoozy Member

WE saw it in the theater and bought it on dvd.. Yes it had some crude humor in it, but crude humor is funny.. You gotta wonder how many takes some of that stuff took to be able to keep a straight face.. The roles couldn't have been better cast..

11. roly

roly Senior Member

i thought it was funny... i liked gaylords parents ...they were legends!