Meet the Fockers

Discussion in 'Movies' started by kilted2000, Dec 28, 2004.

1. kilted2000

kilted2000 Member

This was a great movie. his parents are totally hippys. Its one of the funniest movies I've seen in a while.

2. Bassist

Bassist Gate crasher!

I can't wait to see it. The ads made me wonder how good it was actually going to end up, but I heard some good things about it, so I'm going to see it ASAP.

3. atropine

atropine Member

oooh, im guessing a meet the parents sequal? shibby

4. DiffKettleOfFish

DiffKettleOfFish Kickin' it

I get to go see it tomorrow!! *does excited dance*

5. al_from_mn

al_from_mn Member

I was going to go see it, but it got terrible reviews. I'll probably wait until it's out on video.

Alex

6. DejaVoo

DejaVoo stardust

Well, you cant rely on the reviews for everything! I mean..whos 2 say if they have the same kinda sense of humor as you?
    But Anyways...from the previews..i thought it wasnt gonna be as funny as the first one...actualy i thought it looked kinda lame. But I watched it today cuz nothing else was out, and actualy it was funnier than i expected! I like when robert dinero was mad and about to drive away but ben stillers dad..umm dustin hoffman was lying there right in front of the rv so he cudnt go! and dustin hoffman was like 'hey this is how we got thangs done in the 60s!'

7. iloveveggies

iloveveggies Member

i didn't really know if i was going to see it, but now you've convinced me. i guess it really doesn't take much to convince me though.

8. gertie

gertie Senior Member

generallly i go by friends perspectives and my own interests as oppsed to reviewers. (who trusts their opinion that they think so highly of... and of themselves)

9. noland

noland Member

It is a pretty good movie in my opinion, but it is bringing in crowds like I've not seen before. All the people want to see it and ignore the 7 other movies playing. They make horrible messes and cause conjested lines. And everyone asks stupid questions! Oh, by the way, I work in a cinema.

10. Arachne

Arachne Member

i thought it was really entertaining. barbara streisand and dustin hoffman have great chemistry

11. DejaVoo

DejaVoo stardust

aw i know....its weird wen u start working for a place...say a cinema or a resturant. it changes ur views. because i work at a resturant, and i was bussing tables....and now i know how annoying it is when people leave messes at the table!!! so now wen i go to resturants, i dont make messes anymore!
    p.s ill try not 2 put gum under the seats at movies! but i never eat at the movie theaters cuz its to damn expesnive, so i dont make a mess!

12. DejaVoo

DejaVoo stardust

aw i know....its weird wen u start working for a place...say a cinema or a resturant. it changes ur views. because i work at a resturant, and i was bussing tables....and now i know how annoying it is when people leave messes at the table!!! so now wen i go to resturants, i dont make messes anymore!
    p.s ill try not 2 put gum under the seats at movies! but i never eat at the movie theaters cuz its to damn expesnive, so i dont make a mess!

13. DejaVoo

DejaVoo stardust

sorry i made two exact same posts...ok and now this is three...sorry! i dont noe how to delete posts, haha!

14. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

i thought the movie was freaking hilarious...i didnt like meet the parents that well at all..but i laughed my ass off throughout the fockers....and i went in a sad mood too.

15. antithesis

antithesis Hello

It is not my style of humor. I see nothing funny about a swearing baby or a horny dog...

16. CUtheRE

CUtheRE Member

yeah the addition of the baby and puppy seemed pretty lame. it really tried to be cute... all in all the movie had it's moments. i wouldn't say it was as funny as the first but if you're a big fan of the first one you'll have a great time with this one.

17. jen910

jen910 Senior Member

I just saw it last night and it was really good. I thought it was hilarious to see old people do the reverse cowgirl.

18. Fangz

Fangz Member

I can't wait to see it either, however, due to overpriced movie theaters, I WILL wait till it comes out on DVD. I was wondering when they were going to release this movie. I heard about it a couple years ago, and was begining to think it was all a rumor.

Is it as good as the first one?
    Sequels tend to be such let downs.

19. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

I thought the sequel was great! Anyone who knows me knows my love for Barbara Streisand (I'm a geek and I don't care lol) so I was really excited to see her. Also, as a sign language student, I thought the signing baby thing was really amazing. I'm teaching my cousin sign right now (she's 7 months) and I was really excited to see the baby in the film doing so much sign. Anyway, I enjoyed Meet the Fockers much more than I did Meet the Parents.

20. alex714

alex714 To the Left

i thought it was pretty bad
    i fuckin loved the first one but the sequel was just too much, the characters were too embellished.