Meditation

Discussion in 'Yoga and Meditation' started by Spacer, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Spacer

Spacer 'Enlighten yourself'

Do many people here meditate or do tai-chi or yoga? If so what's your daily routine. As part of my daily Tai-Chi I have my standing practise which is basically a standing meditation which I do for 30 minutes a day, then I do another 30 minutes doing the form and some Chi Gung aswell.

2. Timmaniac

Timmaniac Member

i do meditation in just the ordinary position :p

first in the morning 20 min with the mantra ahhhh
    and in the evening 20 min with ohm

3. John221

John221 Senior Member

I practice transcendental meditation a lot, but I don't have any strict routine. I just do it whenever I can and whenever I feel the urge.

4. Timmaniac

Timmaniac Member

can you tell me about that kind of meditation because i dont know it.. where can i find some info on what it is and hopw to do it?

5. John221

John221 Senior Member

Transcendental meditation involves concentrating on a particular sound, or mantra. The repetition of one word can quieten the mind and aid concentration, helping you to achieve a sense of inner peacefulness.

As for finding information on it, I don't know any particular websites, but I'd imagine it won't be that difficult to find.

6. Leonidas

Leonidas Member

I "try" and do as much Qi Gong as I can in the morning or at night (the standing meditation) and try to do Tai Chi at least once a week. I used to really be into all 3 of the Chinese inner martial Arts (Tai Chi, Qi Gong, Shin Yi) but I've really taken to Aikido recently so my practice has slacked to the point of it not being there :(

After reading this though I can already miss the feeling of holding a Qi Gong pose for 30 minutes or more or doing the Gung Pang Yang style of Tai Chi :) I think it's time to go back to them.

When I was practicing thou, to keep on the point of the thread, I would practice half an hour every other morning (Qi Gong) and do tai chi and Shin yi on the weekend. My routine, to me, was really lacking any real growth. I think you need to give much more time to make it really work for you.

7. Spacer

Spacer 'Enlighten yourself'

Have you ever done the Heaven & Earth Qi Gong? This is the only one I know and do it daily. I find it great. I'll be doing someone Qi Gong workshops soon aswell to learn more. As for my Tai-Chi I do the short form of the Wu style. I hope to start Ba Gua aswell fairly soon. What exactly is Shin Yi?

8. austin69

austin69 Member

For meditating, i just sit in a comfortable position, light some inscence and turn on one of those electric table top water fountains.

9. hella good

hella good Member

meditation is a great way to find you inner self and inner peace. calmness helps with difficult situations in life.