Meditation, Music, and Opiates

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by Euphorial, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Euphorial

Euphorial Member

So I've been wondering for the longest time why my first few experiences with opiates (codeine) were some of the best... even when compared to later use of Oxycodone & Hydrocodone with no tolerance. It actually took me a few years to figure this out, but I finally did. However, there is a little background information on this.

One of my friends suggested that it could have been because of the "new" high that I was experiencing when I first took codeine, thus making it highly memorable. However, I proved this wrong by having an even better experience than the first 6 months later when my tolerance was back to zero. Really the only difference I could remember in the highs that I missed was the 5-10 minute "peaks" that I experienced. These made me feel like I was in a bubble of euphoria for a short, but highly desirable, time.

Eventually, years later, I got my hands on a random supply of Hydrocodone (nothing too special). I was just sitting in a chair watching my brother play video-games when I suddenly got the slightest hint of that long-lost bubbled euphoria - and I was surprised (I was on a notably low dose).

So just today I decided to put two and two together. I took 40mg of hydrocodone (nothing big, right?), waiting about an hour, and then did exactly what I did when I had codeine. Instead of watching a movie, sitting around, browsing the internet, or spacing out at a wall, I tried a different approach (sorry for the mellowdramatic tone :D).

I waited for the recreational peak (aprx ~ 1 hr), and then put on some nice headphones with some movie score music playing. I laid down on my back, and practiced emptying my brain of thoughts (that's the most important part). The 40mg of hydrocodone turned into muuuuch more than it should have. It didn't feel like hydrocodone once I entered that beautiful meditative state with soft music playing all around my ears. The bubbled-euphoria returns!

So I know this is probably not news to many of you, but if you really want to get the full effects out of your opiates (without injecting them :p) then THIS is the way to do it. Of course, this requires some meditation skills, but opiates make this much easier anyways.

I honestly used to think that opiates had close to no subjective value (in terms of high, not preference), but DAMN they sure as hell do! I consider this Euphoria-Bubble to be a much different and better high than the objective effects of opiates. Its like you get an incredible synergy of mind-power and opiate bliss.

So if anybody has something to add, please do! I am very excited that I have discovered how I used to do this. Now it feels like I haven't been treating my opiates with enough respect over the years :(

And some of you know my experience with opiates, but just so I don't sound naive or inexperienced my highest dose of oxy was 65mg insuflated, so that's what I was comparing the 180mg of codeine I took to (that's not much!)... and I swear I had a 5-10 minute peak on codeine that oxy couldn't even touch. Now I'd be interested to try this technique with oxy!

Sorry for the rant... please comment.

:cheers2:

2. Feelings Of U4ia

Feelings Of U4ia Senior Member

As far as the first opiate experiences being the best, it's because opiates don't work the same after a while.

Once you are used to them, they change. The itches go away, your high doesn't last nearly as long, etc. I am up to taking 300-350mg of Oxycodone at one time, and I BARELY feel that, and if I do feel it, it's like the lightest little buzz, for all of about 5 minutes, then I feel like I have taken nothing.

It sucks. Take a long break, for at least a month or two, and come back...it should be a bit better. I'll reply to the whole thread later, but I just wanted to add that.

3. Euphorial

Euphorial Member

yea that sucks man :(

Thanks for the contribution though. Of course, a high tolerance can TOTALLY negate most of what I just wrote :p

I had only done hydro 3 times in the last 4 days before this last experience.

But yea the rest of my post basically states that I don't have to worry about the first experiences being the best anymore (as long as I have a bit of self-control).

4. Natas666

Natas666 Member

The opiate high is very subtle, its not like acid or speed where bam your in a state of bliss- which is probably why users of those drugs generally frown on opiates.The first time is very unique as well because of those receptors having not yet been touched.Once you get that first high, its over your forever chasing the dragon so to speak.Thats how come ODs eventually happen, the user always tries to achieve that plateau only to fail because even larger dose's will never be like virgin experience.Ironically, thats why we always remember our first sexual experience as well- its all about the endomorphins!!!

5. Feelings Of U4ia

I disagree with the idea that an opiate high is subtle...it actually is bam you are in a state of bliss.

6. Natas666

Natas666 Member

To me opiates are way more subtle than most drugs, excepting benzos, H was intense for sure but hydro, oxy and opana(most overrated crap) are not all that great except for pain relief.Of course, I never shoot pills and while I have snorted them my lungs,sinuss are more important to me.I used to do speed, coke hence that choice.

But, this is where brain chemistry does have an effect on euphoria and some people get absolutely no "high" at all.Pain levels will alter this perception as well, on my bad days even the warmth is lacking, other days bam its all good.I certainly will not lie I do enjoy those days, but it is not my driving force anymore.

Oh yeah, writing music is a blast on opiates as well as poetry so its great for that.

7. Euphorial

Euphorial Member

I'm sorry... but opiates are strong as FUCK. :p

8. china_white

china_white Banned

sorry natas (or should i say satan:reddevil:) but opiates aren't subtle at all,
    I used to do coke and have done speed and I find them more subtle then opiates,
    maybe your just not taking enough?

9. Feelings Of U4ia

Yeah, opiates knock you on your ass...drooling all over nodding out. That is hardly subtle IMO, lol.

After years of being on them, they don't do that anymore, and NOW I consider them subtle, but not when I was first on them.

10. Natas666

Natas666 Member

Yeah thats is the caveat that I should have used, I have a roughly 20+ years experience using.In the early days, yes they floored me.