meditation methods.

Discussion in 'Yoga and Meditation' started by voet, Aug 26, 2005.

1. voet

voet Member

meditation, for me, is like a moment of peace and harmony with myself. I clear my mind and try to feel everything of my body. from my toes to my head.
    Has anyone else another method?

ps: i'm sorry if I write mistakes, I'm from belgium. :)
    at least i'm trying.

peace to y'all

2. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

your writing seems fine to me :)

I like to do a lovingkindness meditation. Right now I'm focusing on bringing lovingkindness to myself, next week I will focus on someone else that I love, the week after, someone I don't know (a stranger), the week after that, someone I dislike. I guess I'm working on compassion in my life.

I also sometimes just clear my head and just try to focus on my surroundings. If I'm actually meditating, I'll focus just on what's going on around me (or in my body, like what you said). Other times, I'll just try to be in the moment, do what I'm doing (like when I'm at work) without all that useless mind chatter.

3. voet

voet Member

I know what you mean. sometimes it's like my head wont quit chattering all the time.
    I also like to go deeper in a feeling. for example, I think of happiness or a calm feeling or sometimes anger, jalousy. then I go deeper in it and deeper and deeper untill my whole body's filled with that feeling , then I just scream it all out and feel the emptyness. Sometimes it feels good to have no feeling atoll in you.

4. Death

Death Grim Reaper Lifetime Supporter

i like to smoke pot and stare at the wall.. or sometimes ill lay in the sun to get a tan at the same tiem

5. guy

guy Senior Member

is that a 555 timer or some sort of oscillator?

6. natural23

natural23 Senior Member

A formless way with many forms. Meditation is what we are already doing even as we meditate, expediting what we are already doing. Give it name, give it names; Shamatha and Vipassana, resist to advance and acquiesce to advance. Listen to the Self, hear the Soul.

7. fluffhead552

fluffhead552 Member

well basicly i use a techniqe called transendental meditation its pretty sweet. its poven to do alot of stuff, like increase brain frequencys and stuff, heres a link to stuff, costs a butload to learn tho(i got it for free cause my dad was a teacher)
    http://www.tm.org/

8. natural23

natural23 Senior Member