Media ignores MAJOR protest in Turkey

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Glasshopper, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Glasshopper

Glasshopper Struggling for sanity

2. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Actually, and I'm not trying to say most of the media hasn't ignored this or what not... but I had the news on earlier and I don't even remember if it was CNN or MSNBC because it was just background really... but they covered this a decent amount earlier. They were showing the protesters being shot at with rubber bullets or tear gas or both and talked about how many ppl involved and also answered the ques that it's mostly secular urban ppl sick of Erdogan's policies protesting...

3. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

4. odonII

odonII O

AmericanTerrorist

I've read that is was about something trivial, and has been hijacked by more aggresive protestors. But, also, the police came down hard. Putting the blame on the police isn't anything new, I guess. I'm not sure of the timeline, though.

5. ThisIsWhyYoureWrong

ThisIsWhyYoureWrong Member

Turkey is a "valuable" US Ally... of course they ignore it.

6. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

i found articles about this on the websites of cnn, fox, nbc, and abc. although they weren't as prevalent on the nbc and abc sites. it has also been covered very consistently by the bbc and cbc. i don't see any evidence that it is being ignored.

7. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

yeah its not ignored here...been on our evening national news for a few days at least

8. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

yea... keep hearing about it still.

9. deleted

deleted Visitor

when the youths begin to burn the Quran,, then shit will be real.. Other than that, right now, its the same old shit.. unfortunately.

When they think that Allah is on their side for revolt, they take office and again its the same old shit. :devil:

10. Bouga

Bouga Member

Yeah, I was noticing they were downplaying the protest too. Then again, it just makes me think of all of the other protest going on in other countries that they're skipping out on. For instance, Tibet and the countless monks who have self immolated for freedom.

11. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

who is ignoring this protest? who is ignoring the monks burning themselves? both have been widely covered in the media.

12. Summerhill

Summerhill Member

Wide coverage across the media here in UK with good in-depth reporting on the four main channels.