Media event or camping?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by lynsey, Aug 28, 2005.

1. lynsey

lynsey Banned

I have a huge dilema. I made reservations for my out of state boyfriend and I to go camping but have since recieved two 500 a plate tickets to a benefit gala for cause related to my job. This org also gives me a lot of grants. But we would have to either not go camping or cut it short. So I'm torn between wine tasting, kayaking, sex on the beach, tide pooling and an overall relaxing time. But the dinner gala is good because Ryan is looking to move here and us being introduced as a couple int he papers will get his name out into the community. Plus this org funds my current position and I have won numerous national awards from them. Plus I'm in their national campaign video which will most likely be shown at the galla and it would be pretty cool to see myself on a huge screen and being thanked in front of major donors. Going is a good practical thing for he and i but camping is what I really want to do. i doubt he'll care either way. What should I do ergh????????

2. Insomniac_devi

Insomniac_devi Beast Toast

Tell him the situation, discuss it, and figure something out.

3. Dustinthewind

Dustinthewind woopdee fucking doo

try and do both, one day the gala, then get up early and go camping.
    and if you are going to where you two went last time, well this time ya better stop by here!! :)

4. lynsey

lynsey Banned

ergh I will I know he's going to kinda want to go to the gala though and I want to head north and see monterey and the seals as I used to live there when I was little and love it and know he will too. Plus I hate hate hate dressing up for formals. I love dressing up in general but not to the extent I need to for this damn event. I wish I was never given those damn tickets.

5. Dustinthewind

Dustinthewind woopdee fucking doo

how bout bowing out gracefully, as in go for a few make an appearance, and then leave?

dressing up sucks the big one, i cant stand it either, but it may be fun just for a few minutes.

6. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Well, I don't trust those 'political types', so I'd reccomend camping, and never reading a paper again if you can help it... [​IMG]

But that might not be for everyone, the only advice I can come up with is to talk it out with him.

7. lynsey

lynsey Banned

this is the same time we haven't gone yet. he's coming sept 7th...wooohooo hooooooooo. he's looking for a job out here so when he moves we will def have to come up or you come down and have those margaritas!