Meat Has Been Bothering Me Lately.

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by Jimbee68, Oct 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Take a tour of a slaughterhouse as I did.

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Not always... :p kinda depends on the specifics of the animal and how its prepared :D

3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I often have a mouthful of meat before bedtime

......although often is a relative term nowadays ;)

soulcompromise likes this.
  4. Steak is part of something that once had eyeballs. It experienced the richness of life as we do. Then it was likely beaten and abused before a bolt went into its skull. Then you ate its dead corpse.

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

so what are good non-meat sources of protein? i've seen beans and yogurt mentioned in this thread. i've always thought of nuts as a good vegetarian protein source. but none of those ever seem to fill me up.

well yeah, it's probably fresher.

6. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

fresh meat isnt good

it needs to be aged

7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

Damn grill is too small...

8. How appetizing. Corpse on a grill.

scratcho likes this.
  9. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Nuts are high protein but I don't think the body is very good at absorbing it. Quinoa, rice, oats.. And there are so many different kinds of beans which vary a bit. I don't know though. Some people hate bread but if i don't eat it with whatever else I sometimes feel hungry quickly. So maybe people experience food very differently according to early life experience or something.

I don't even know.how to name the things I'd do with beans because I made it all up.

10. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

^ thanks. i never thought about rice, i do usually feel pretty satisfied after eating chinese.

11. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

That is a good observation. I've experimented with nuts as a protein source but they definitely do not fill me up and provide the same energy as say a Burger.

Granted it was only a couple times, if not early life experience that shapes response to food, it may at least take some time for the body to adjust.

12. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Nuts are a great addition but can’t be the whole source of protein. Because you can't eat a lot of it on a daily basis. But yeah, excellent addition to most peoples diets.

Why a lot of meateaters won't even try to moderate, like for example meat 3 days a week max. or only one time a day at dinner (or lunch, whatever works best for you) is beyond me.
    This is why we can't have nice things!

13. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I forgot eggs. They're another protein source and important for vegetarians for B12.

14. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Getting adequate protein is pretty easy--in fact, most Americans eat too much protein, given their lack of physical activity. To minimally sustain health, we need about 0.36 grams or protein per 1lb of body weight (this is if you are sedentary). It's pretty effortless to get enough protein if you don't eat meat--milk, eggs, and cheese supply you with a ton. If you are vegan--pasta, beans, nuts, lentils, or tofu/seitan etc. can all help to meet your needs.

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Ugh. Eggs

16. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Not an egg fan?

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Nope, only in a bacon roll with bbq sauce, egg has to be cooked to point I cannot taste it and also my scrambled egg recipe is okay because I lace it with cheese.

Anything else though I can't do it, the moment I smell egg it's ughh I can't do it. The idea of actualky eating on is such a turn off lol. I dunno how people do it. Boiled egg. :mask:

I have successfully turned my wife away from them too so luckily I just don't have to deal with them anymore. It got to the point where, it was a becoming a dumpable offense to eat egg. Lol.

18. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

that's probably part of my problem; i don't really eat much of any of those things you listed there.

also, i'm far from sedentary. and even if i was, that doesn't protein goal seem super easy to reach. i always have a huge jar of mixed nuts at my computer, which i munch on randomly as i feel hungry. normally one jar lasts me about 3 weeks, just eating a couple handfuls whenever i'm hungry. but i just checked the nutrition facts, and apparently it would take almost half of that giant jar to reach my daily sedentary protein needs.

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I keep reading this as "men are now bothering me" lol.

20. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Eating meat is perfectly normal and natural.

There’s nothing like sinking your teeth into a Pork Chop, Lamb Chop, or a nice juicy steak to feel like a man and know you’re the Apex predator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.