Me Chodpa - Bangs Damaru

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Chodpa, Jun 2, 2004.

1. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

Hi Peeps, I have been posting for awhile here mostly in the yoga, and Buddhism sections. I am a self avowed meditation expert. However, I do have credentials of sorts. I went to Maharishi International University when I was 17 and spent the next four years doing Transcendental Mditation and TM Sidhis in very large groups the largest of which was the "Taste of Utopia" course in '84' there in Fairfield which had 9,000 people present, and which was the last time Maharishi Mahesh Yogi visited the US. So I do have much hands on meditation experience.

Since then I studied the Hindu and Buddhist tantras. I finally took Buddhist refuge two years ago and have taken many Vajrayana empowerments with Many teachers which include the Guhyagarbha with HH Penor Rinpoche, Nyingthig Yabshi with Kunzang Dechen Lingpa, Kalachakra with HH the Dalai Lama 14, and Rainbow Body Healing Chod with Thubthen Nyingpo Rinpoche, and still others...

Having trod the path of meditation as a Westerner, and still living life as a married cook in New Orleans, I feel that I have experienced and come to grips with much of the lifestyle and conflict which the meditation lifestyle brings to us here, and I wish to serve others by answering questions that you may have in your practice.

Prior to formally learning to meditate I was involved in the Golden Dawn and actually received teachings directly from Israel Regardie's then secretary, and I had some experience with a Cree medicine man, and had studied tarot at BOTA, and so I have a broad appreciation of the psychic arts and practices. Again, I toot my horn so as to serve and would love to help any who need guidance on their own way.

Uh, still prior to that, as an adolescent I was a LA punk rocker back in the era of the Starwood, and Whiskey, and Oki Dogs in Hollywood, and an erstwhile Satanist and LaVey knucklehead. Like the lotus I came from the mud of ignorance and aspired to the light of knowledge supreme, just as so many others do. I can say that I have studied and pretty much figured things out. So I offer my wisdom to you who would value it.

So Tashi Delek, and Be Well, Everyone. If there be any small measure of merit in my aspirations to help, then that too I dedicate to all suffering beings anywhere where love and light are needed.

2. Strawberry_Fields_Fo

Strawberry_Fields_Fo RN

That's cool. I'm an SGI buddhist myself. Welcome.

-Kate

3. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

I have a friend who is Nichiren Buddhist. Thanks for saying Hi. :)