Maybe Jesus was not so unique???

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by Amanda N, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Amanda N

Amanda N Member

I found this information in a book called The Biggest Secret, by David Icke. Just thought it might stir up some questions or debate...

2. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Like all Mr. Icke'e thinking this is wholly inaccurate in many ways.

Neither Krishna, Muhammed or prometheus fulfil any of the conditions.
    None of them was either born of a virgin or was crucified.
    Krishna was the sixth child of Queen Devaki, and was killed by an archer.
    Muhammed was an ordinary man who died of old age
    Prometheus gave fire to mankind and was punished by Zeus by being chained to a rock and an eagle would come every day and eat his liver.

Neither are their birthdays celebrated on 25th dec.

Icke is little more than a looney, who ought to get his facts straight.

3. juggla

juggla Member

25th of dec. is a old pagan holiday given to the birth of christ to get pagan converts. shepards wouldnt be sleeping outside with the sheep in the middle of the winter.

4. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Warm winters in the middle-east.

5. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

Prometheus was a good guy...chaned to a rock so we could have fire...now THAT'S sacrifice...

6. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

and if the whole thing was true, that would just be evidence for one God in many forms [which i my view of this] but its not, so i will rely on my faith

7. peacefulwind14

peacefulwind14 Member

Not that it matters, I really don't think that Jesus was born on Dec. 25. I was watching the history channel one christmas and they had two christian historians/scholars that said he was born sometime in the summer but his birth was celebrated in the winter to coincide with another (I can't remember which) holiday. Though like I said, does it really matter when Jesus was born?

8. Lucy_In_The_Sky

Lucy_In_The_Sky Member

I really don't care, I already kwew all these things. It's about what Jesus said, and not about the day He was born or something.

9. Amanda's Shadow

Amanda's Shadow Flower Child

A lot opf that information was wrong. But I beleive in One god in more than one form even without "concrete" materials or information. But I thoght an interesting thread was "Jesus and the Age of Aquarius" if you want to read more and be like "hmm..." LOL.

No one has evidence of any of these things. Thats why its called Faith. And Im not a Bible-Pushing Christian. Or even a "christian" for that matter. Just spiritual.

Anyway. Peace.

10. Amanda N

Amanda N Member

OK, just for the record, I think that David Icke is a loony too... he has a lot of, what I believe to be, interesting ideas... but often goes a little bit too far...

However, upon seeing that snipit from his book (which yes, I have read... well.. the first 2 chapters, before I fell off my chair laughing at how much of a loon he is), it reminded me that Jesus is not the only person who had the life he suposadly had...

Now right now I can't remember who the other people were, or there I found this information, but the concept of someone being born to a virgin mother, etc... is not a new one... and was often used in the past to give some heroes a sense of mystical power...

I'm going to do some more research into this soon, just in the meantime, I wanted your opinion on icke's view...

11. lkshdkljh

lkshdkljh Visitor

To find it intresting enough ... I think I heard the same thing but something funny on jesus too. But as for the virgin mother mary, all i can say is that i hope god does not pick me next! And as for that ..... I think that this jesus and god and who ever or what ever is real something must be there but the churches that say you must worship this god in this house is the part that makes me think that there has been some changes to the storie a weeee bit. So think relestically before putting this out here. How many diffrent stories are there? Do we know them all? Can we jundge? I guess you put your judgment into this one!

12. campbell34

campbell34 Banned

Sorry Amanda, Jesus fulilled about 290 more prophecies than the others, and are all the other Gods going to enter the East Gate in Jerusalem.

13. juggla

juggla Member

today in israel its 13 degrees celsious (found on weather channel), thats pretty cool, shepards do there thing from the spring to fall, they aint sleeping outside in the middle of the winter.

14. juggla

juggla Member

you cant say its fulfilling prophesy when he was consciensly trying to fulfill it.

15. Amanda N

Amanda N Member

Or so you are lead to believe... but that's just my point... it's all a case of propogander...

I've no doubt that in Nazi germany there were sensational stories of hitler going around, anything to big him up and make him seem more like god than man.. and it's the same with jesus...

(oh, you also need to rememebr that everything we know about jesus comes from the new testament, soemthing that was written around 500 years after his life... it's not surprising that they would pick up some ideas from other mythology).

16. HuckFinn

HuckFinn Senior Member

This is absolute nonsense that's easily refuted. I've already provided you with solid evidence to the contrary on your "Prove to me that the Bible is real" thread, but you're apparently not interested in serious research.

17. Amanda N

Amanda N Member

you didn't prove squat mate...

Are you trying to tell me that the new testament was written annd published at the time of jesus? think carefully before you make yourself look like a fool.

(and as someone else said, it's easy to write that someone did all these wonderful things, forfilled all this prophesy, when they are looking at the old testament, ticking them off one by one as they go)

18. campbell34

campbell34 Banned

David Icke, Arizona Wilder and the Biggest Secret By Ivan Fraser

The following is a short summary of a minor investigation into aspects of David Icke's latest book and his star witnesses Arizona Wilder and Credo Mutwa. Wilder claims to have been a mind controlled slave who performed Satanic rituals for the Illuminati at which she witnessed many famous people including the Queen Mother, shapedshift physically from a human to a lizard and consume sacrificial victims. She claims that since her programming broke down she has been able to reveal this information to the wider public.

As I continued reading this I remember how the Bible states that in the time of the end, people would rather believe a lie than the truth and how they would listen to doctrines of demons rather then the truth of God.

Amanda, if this is the kind of solid evidence you are going to use to counter Christianity, then throw in the Easter bunny to. I can see you are really concerened about factual information.

19. HuckFinn

HuckFinn Senior Member

That's the extent of your response to the links I provided? Profound.

It was definitely written before the end of the 1st century. The only major debate nowadays between liberals and conservatives is whether the synoptic Gospels were written before or after the fall of Jerusalem.

20. Amanda N

Amanda N Member