Maybe here I won't have my hears pulled

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by Crosslight, Jun 17, 2006.

1. Crosslight

Crosslight Banned

vegetarianism is a fashion that give millions to some industries..............curious that in REAL medical books, like Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, vegetarianism is not considered like something special to your heath.......

By the way, instead of blood transfusion in massive acute hemorragy ( gee, all that proteins of human origin entering your body directly through a vein), what is the advise of vegans/veggies?? soy juice ? limonade ?

2. Shambhala Peace

Shambhala Peace Senior Member

Vitamin B12 supplements (non-gelatin).
    Or if you want to go a more natural route, dark greens such as swiss chard and collard.

What I don't understand is how can these "experts" say that it's not healthy, when animals have to get THEIR nutrition from someplace? Where do they get it? Vegetation. Vegetarians skip the middleman and therefore get more energy. Check out the engergy chain to see what I mean.

3. Crosslight

Crosslight Banned

I would like to meet personally the doctor that in presence of a patient in coma from acute bleeding would prescribe "vit B12"...

I wonder why for vegans/veggies, the "animals" don't include carnivore such as lions or cheetas, birds like eagles or crows, reptiles like rattle-snakes or vippers, and so many insects that eat insects................the ANIMAL WORLD for vegans/veggies sure is a small one....

4. Shambhala Peace

Shambhala Peace Senior Member

Look, you are looking for a fight - and I am not going to give into it. I am not interested. Go ahead and say I am giving up (that I don't have answers, I do - I am just not interested in wasting my time), but you are not interested in the fundamentals of veg*nism. You are interested in the minute points of veg*nism, and I don't have time to debate those. If a person needs a blood transfusion, as long as it's human to human it doesn't matter. No one can be a perfect veg*n. They understand that. The grain that we eat was harvested in fields where animals probably died from the machinary. Do we still care? Yes. Is there anything we can do about it? No. Not unless we are able to grow and harvest our own grain. But who has that kind of time. We accept the fact that we still have a hand in the killing of animals (that bunny we hit when driving to work). But the impact is significantly lower than meat eaters. Vegan's save approx. 176 acres of forest a year, forest that could have gone to farmland for animals. Meateaters consume, consume, consume.

I have said my peace and I am done. Find someone else to debate this issue.