Maui Christmas Acid

Discussion in 'Flashbacks' started by oink, Oct 6, 2017.

1. oink

oink Member

I was watching an old TV show (an original 5-O) that reminded me of my experiences on Maui in the early 70s. When I returned to Maui in the winter of 71/72 the island was awash in free acid. It came in both red and green pills I think would be referred to as barrels. I remember being told at the time that "The Brotherhood" (AKA "The Brotherhood of Eternal Love") had given them to the island as a Christmas present, which would explain the color of the pills. I'm pretty sure it was just red and green colored orange sunshine. They were everywhere for a number of months and if someone sold some they were shamed for selling what was supposed to be free. It's amazing I remember anything from that period because I did a lot of it and it was pretty potent. The island was also awash in Afghani Primo hash at the time. That wasn't free but it was cheap and kick ass. I still remember the smell of that hash.

I tried searching on Google but found no mention of the free Maui Christmas acid anywhere. Does anyone besides me have a memory of this, foggy though it may be?

1 person likes this.
  2. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Wish more people were shamed for insane LSD prices now. $10 a hit maybe $20 are you serious? Problem is that it no longer the Brotherhood running things it's the Grateful Dead Family. Funny thing about that most are too young to have even seen a true Jerry Dead show. A lot of gangster rap culture seeps into it and it's all about making money and being flashy about it. Very few people at the end of the distribution chain the average customer sees believe in peace, love, and the gift of LSD anymore.

3. Toker

Toker Lifetime Supporter

I remember back in 71-72 we got orange sunshine barrels and Afghani primo and nepalese finger hash etc. You can thank leary, the brotherhood and those fearless hippies who traveled the hippie trail to places like Turkey, Lebanon, Syria iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Thailand, etc. To bring us the world's finest smoke. Here's to those wily US soldiers who brought us Thai sticks, etc.

4. Mark D. Allen

Mark D. Allen Members

Yeah Man I remember Christmas acid. The first time I dropped it was Christmas acid in red barrel hit. You know that it was 1971 and I was a freshman in high school. We split that hit 3 ways and we all had very beautiful trips. By the way, you haven't seen King Catapilar around lately, have you?

5. Mark D. Allen

Mark D. Allen Members

By The Way the cost of that 4 way hit was .25 cents, that's right a quarter.