masturbation until just before climax and then stopping

Discussion in 'Masturbation' started by leo93, Jan 1, 2013.

1. leo93

leo93 Guest

hello.
    i am an 18 year old male and i have a special problem concerning sexuality and masturbation.
    About one year ago, i made an experiment in connection with "edging". I masturbated about three weeks
    every few days, but without having an orgasm/ejaculation. i always stopped masturbating just before orgasm and
    continued to delay orgasm again and again. The first few days it was a positive feeling to control orgasm and
    my sexual appetite increased but it became harder and harder not to ejaculate. However, i decided to complete
    this "experiment" until the end of the three weeks. The problem is that i feel a little ill since i made this experiment. Since that
    thing my testicles are a bit enlarged and I feel as if my hormone household has been confused. Since that i have a bit more sexual desire,
    i am often very tired, have jelly-like semen and i think that my pubertal development has stopped because of this experiment. Furthermore,
    i lost about 2 kilos of weight and got some permanent acne the first time since i was 14 or so. Additionally, i have a weaker muscle strength, my body shrunk a little and an odd "heat" sometimes in my testicles. Also I find it easier now to delay orgasms at will. All these symptoms are similar to a hormone-deficient and i already consulted some doctors but they
    couldnĀ“t find anything. i am now looking for other people who also had similar or other medical symptoms after edging.

2. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

You have lost 2 kilos of weight in three weeks.

Thats a lot, quickly. It's no wonder that you are feeling poorly.

Masturbation won't do that to your body, there's something else going on.

If the weight loss continues, a trip to a doctor would be wise.

3. leo93

leo93 Guest

i think the weightloss is negligible. more important are the other symptoms (that in my opinion looks like a hormone problem) and that i didnt gain anymore weight since that. i have always had a bit underweight (i weigh 59kilos at 1,82m). i already consulted a few doctors and told exactly what happened but they didnt believe me. i am 100% sure that these symptoms are in context to that experiment, although it might sound odd. there is no question. i had this silly idea to masturbate only every three days over a period of these 3-4 weeks without having orgasm and it required much self disclipline because my sexual arousal increased enormously.

4. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

See a doctor.

It could be a number of things.

It's also possible you were too rough hurt yourself. Regardless go see a doctor.

5. PineMan

PineMan Senior Member

2kg weight loss over 3 weeks is nothing - in fact, quite desirable. I can't deny I'm somewhat overweight myself, and although I've tried various diets I usually end up losing quite a few kilos over the first few weeks, until my body acclimatises to the new diet, at which point the weight starts to return, regardless of whether I keep to the diet or not. One thing about masturbation is that it's a healthy form of exercise that doesn't require constant visits to the gym.

6. SomeGuy30

SomeGuy30 Guest

You should never withhold your ejaculation like that. I have done it once, I felt strange down there for a while, and will never do it again.

During masturbation, the body produces semen. "Aborting" the masturbation and holding that amount of semen, does no good.

You should always end your masturbation session "normally". No matter how long you masturbate or how many times you reach the "edge", in the end you should "relieve" yourself and ejaculate.

7. leo93

leo93 Guest

@some guy. thats a really good advice, but unfortunately it's too late now.

8. SomeGuy30

SomeGuy30 Guest

Well, as nsn said, you can make a little patience and your body will eventually find its balance.
    You can also try to masturbate again, if you're in a mood, but you should do it right this time ;)

9. cornwall106

cornwall106 Guest

As a former physician and someone who's practised tantric masturbation (where you deliberately prolong the pleasure and avoid ejaculation - a kind of meditative edging technique I guess) on and off for a decade or so, I think it's incredibly unlikely - essentially impossible - that you've done any permanent damage, or created any permanent changes in your body, from your experiment with edging. There are plenty of guys who avoid orgasm/ejaculation for weeks or months at a time without obvious problems - although that's not to say that I recommend doing that - I think most men should ejaculate several times a week - but not doing so won't cause any hormonal derangement.

The symptoms you describe are what is called 'non-specific' - i.e. none of them points clearly towards any particular problem or disease - they could be due to anything or nothing. One thing that is very true of human experience is that the more we focus on a particular problem or symptom, the more intense and worrisome it becomes - the less we focus on it, the more it fades, often towards insignificance.

If you have been to doctors and they haven't found anything to be concerned about, then I would make sure the basic lifestyle factors - diet, sleep, exercise - are ok. Are you getting at least 8 1/2 hours sleep a night? Chronic sleep deprivation is endemic in our technological society. Are you exercising for at least an hour daily? We never evolved to be sedentary. Are you eating fresh fruit and vegetables, avoiding sugar, corn syrup (a huge problem in the USA food industry) and processed foods (read the lists of ingredients on many products and you'll be astounded at the crap that goes into packaged and manufactured foods), and avoiding takeaways and fastfoods? If you pay attention to all those things I'm sure you - or anyone - will feed better for it.

And masturbate as often as you feel like it - enjoy it, delight in it, and make sure you ejaculate regularly!

10. leo93

leo93 Guest

i think it would be most helpful if i could find someone who did the same, but i dont know how. perhaps in a self support group?

11. leo93

leo93 Guest

i am so desperate... i already have this problem because of this experiment since almost one and a half year and nothing has got better. i have been checked from head to toe by doctors but they coulnt find anything. but i really feel ill. i dont know what i shall do. i think that my hormones or my sexuality are totally disequilibrated. the only way perhaps is to find someone with a similar problem (who also made masturbation like i did) to inter-exchange. there should be thousands of them but i dont know ho to find one.

12. Inca

Inca Member

I think anxiety is adding to your problem without a doubt. Anxiety can cause many symptoms, such as

Tiredness and exhaustion
    Weight loss
    Neuropathy (heat in testicles and other "sensations")
    Acne
    ---------------
    Your jelly like semen sounds like a coagulation of protein from not ejaculating, which also may cause your testicles to swell a little.

Your diet can affect your semen in a BIG way - what are you eating? Are you eating regular?

This is just my opinion, but I think what has happened here is that the swollen testicles and jelly semen may have been a result of your edging, but then you became anxious to the point of "desperation" as you state, and all the other symptoms are likely related to anxiety.

Please note the above is only my own opinion. As you have had tests and they are all clear, and you are still very anxious, I would advise you get a second Drs opinion if it is pushing you to the edge of desperation.

Just consider that your anxiety and desperation may cause even more symptoms which in turn will lead to ever decreasing circles if not addressed.

Have you been masturbating properly since your experiment?

13. leo93

leo93 Guest

how could i find someone with te same problem? its probably the easiest way...
    if 10 in 100000 had the same idea, and 1 of those 10 the same discipline, there should be still thousands who have the same problem

14. Cutted

Cutted Cutted

Leo - your testicles produce millions of sperm each day, and you should get rid of the sperm buildup by masturbation or intercourse (or wet dreams if you still get them) every five days or so. If you don't do this, you get "blue balls", a feeling of fullness in your testicles, and an edgy feeling ("horny"). The jelly-like sperm/semen ejaculate is normal for many guys, me included. Others have watery spurts, but don't worry about this. At 18, your body is still growing and changing. Things will get better...

15. leo93

leo93 Guest

i pay 1000 $ to the one who finds someone with the same issue in the inet. i pay with credit card for a link.

16. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

well you are in luck leo, and keep your money i am here to help. i have done this edging thing sometime last year and i did it just like you did...i didnt keep a 3 week timetable but i know for a fact it was over 2 weeks. it was pretty much my routine, (i would take a shower before work and being i was always running late i didnt have time to let all the seaman drip out before putting on my clothes and i hate the feeling of the dried cum in my shorts all day while im at work so i started edging so i didnt have that problem) what ended up happening after i did this the first 2 or 3 times was i felt great the only thing i was missing was the orgasm but the afterglow feeling and everything else i liked about masturbating was there so i kept doing it.
    a little after the first week i started almost making a game out of it. i wanted to see how far i could go before i shot my load. and i got real close a few times. had a bit of pre-cum 2 days after the second week (the reason i know it was over two weeks) i cant remember how many other days passed it was at least a couple when i got right to the edge and then i continued my shower when i washed the soap down from my hair and chest it rolled down to my groin...when i reached down to rinse off that last bit of soap off my dick, that was enough extra stimulation to shoot my load. so my experiment was over at that point.
    i still edge on occasion but for the most part i dont see a point being that the orgasm is so good why not finish the job. so what i do now is jerk off when i get home from work so i dont run into that running late problem.
    now as for your concerns the acne, i dont get it bad but it runs in my family and have had at least minor cases since i was 14, still get it because i have a sweaty messy job and cant clean my face but twice a day max at work. as for every other symptom i never got any of them, in fact like i mentioned i felt pretty good. so i would say its a very very good chance that your experiment has absolutely nothing to do with your not feeling well. as for everyone else saying your body needs that release i say thats all bullshit i dont see any difference in the way i felt when edging as when i completely abstained for months at a time (an experiment of my own for another topic) but i will agree with them that you might as well shoot your load, hell why not it feels great.

17. PineMan

PineMan Senior Member

Slightly off subject, but this is a commonly held misconception. Unused sperm are mainly reabsorbed into the body. It's unused semen that is released either through ejaculation. Although semen usually contains sperm, they are not the same thing. For instance: a vasectomised man will continue to produce sperm - it's just that the tubes that they pass through have been tied off. His semen generation & release requirements remain the same.

18. leo93

leo93 Guest

i really OFFER 1000 $ for the one who fnds a good link to someone who has the same issue. i pay with credit card (with advance payment if wanted).

@ pensfan: that is not exactly the same thing i did.

19. PineMan

PineMan Senior Member

You should try my 'Dribbler' technique. This is a bit more advanced than the basic 'Stop-Go' method, when you stop when you feel you're getting close to orgasm, and requires a lot more self control.

As you may or may not be aware, Orgasm & Ejaculation are slightly different things. Ejaculation is the release of the semen. Orgasm provides the power to expel it at force - much like the 2 actions of loading a gun & pulling the trigger.

If you masturbate past the point that you would normally hold back when using the 'Stop-Go' method, right up to the point that you can feel the semen beginning to move through the piping & stop at that point, forcing yourself to relax all your orgasmic kegal muscles, the semen will Dribble out (hence the name), but having not yet reached orgasm you should still retain your erection & be able to continue as many times as you can manage, using semen from each ejaculation as lube - although the quantity will, of course, decrease & become thinner in consistency.
    However, when you finally reach the point where you eventually have to yield to the Orgasm, it's as if the sensations from all the orgasms you had denied have combined into one massive mind-blowing one.

As well as providing you with increased orgasmic delight using this technique can extend a session, as well as training you in ejaculatory control.

20. tyresewilliams492

tyresewilliams492 Guest

That's strange. I do this also, it's called "edging".. Getting yourself to the edge of orgasm and stopping. I do this for a minimum of 3 - 6 hours a day, every day, and only cum once a week max.. sometimes once a month. I have never experienced issues as you describe