Mass Shooting 13 Dead Thousand Oaks California

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Aerianne, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Possibly albino?

2. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Those comments were addressed to Toggle Almendro, who thinks the right to bear arms is essential for freedom and calls people in places that don't have that right "serfs"--a bit extreme, wouldn't you say?

3. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

You are the one obsessed with the pistol grip and folding stock.

You are choosing two aspects of one definition of an assault weapon by an unspecified local.
    Then you ask for proof that can't be given.
    Can you prove that a pistol grip or folding stock never allow a mass shooter to be more proficient?
    Please show me something that would indicate that a mass shooter would always be equally successful if his gun didn't have a pistol grip.

Why would you assume a shooter using a weapon that can fire at least 45 rounds a minute and up to 400 rounds per minute with a bump stock (before the barrel melts) would take the time to pause between shots? How would her or she even pause?

4. MeAgain

And what I asked of you is impossible to prove.
    Pleas show me that a pistol grip or folding stock never allow a mass shooter to be more proficient?

And while you're at it please explain why a pistol grip is part of the design of an AR 15.

The military does use shotguns, the military uses a large variety of weapons based on need.

I really wish you would research what the legal definition of what assault weapons are.

5. MeAgain

"Hey Leroy, what'ca got there?"

"Hey, Skeeter!, That there's my new Rat Shooter 1000. I jist picked it up down at Bob's Bullets 'n Beer ."

"Whoo ee that sure is one purdy gun ya got there. Wimmen love purdy guns. But what's that thing hanging down there in the midle that looks like an old cow teat?"

"Shoot, that's no cow teat, that's my pistol grip."

"Pistol grip? What the heck's that for?"

"For? It ain't for nuttin. It just makes my gun look prudier. I could take it off an it'd still shoot the same."

"Pistol grip? Well that there long gun ain't no pistol, why'd ya want a pistol grip on a long gun for? Seems kinda extra anny iss ta me."

"That's because you ain't got no sense of be u tification in ya, that's all. Besides, I like ta wrap my fist round something long and hard when I shoot."

"Well ya point a point there. And the wimmen do love purdy guns.
    Dang, my 'ol gun's kinda ugly look'en. Think ol' Bob culd fix me up with one'a those fancy pistol grips so's I kin have a purdy gun too?"

Sure, Skeeter, Bob love's ta sell useless geegaws to purdy up a man's gun.......
    wimmen love purdy guns."

6. MeAgain

"I pledge allegiance to the guns of the United States of America, and to the vigilantes for which they stand, one NRA under God, indivisible, with weapons and bullets for all."

[​IMG]

7. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

^
    Just GIT out! America hater ;)

8. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Love it or leave it Pinkos! !

9. storch

storch banned

No no no. You are the one obsessed with the pistol grip and folding stock. Therefore it is incumbent upon you to justify that obsession. If you have nothing to offer in that regard, I'm afraid that that's on you, and not me.

And your apparent reference to a guy using 20 or so semiautomatic weapons with bump-stocks does nothing to validate your paranoia concerning pistol grips and folding stocks. Neither does it do anything for your position concerning muzzle-rise during rapid fire. And to further point out your obsession with pistol grips, let's hear your estimation of just how much you think the muzzle rises on a rifle that has (in your own words) "little recoil." And then you can explain why you believe that amount of muzzle rise would impair a shooter inside a theater or church or school.

And I really have no idea why you believe that a shooter with a semiautomatic rifle cannot pause between shots. You need to explain that, as it makes no sense.

And why are you asking about the legal definition of an assault weapon when you yourself have said that it varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction?

"Whatcha got there, Storch?"

"It's an AR-15, MeAgain."

"I don't like it."

"Why's that, MeAgain? Is it the wrong color?"

"No, it's not that. But black is kinda scary."

"Yeah I guess maybe, but if it ain't that, then what?"

"Are you kiddin' me!? You mean to tell me you don't see that fearsome lookin' thing hangin' down from the trigger housing."

"Uh, yeah, I see it. It's called a pistol grip. Is that what you think is so scary?"

"Of course."

"I think you're just letting your mind run away with you."

"No. No way. And it's not just me. All the people who agree with me think so, too! That there innocent lookin' little thing you call a pistol grip is what turns that damn thing into a super killin' machine. The evil intent behind its design is impossible to miss."

"Ah, I see. Well I wish there was somethin' I could do to ease your anxiety, but--"

"Well you could cut it off."

"You mean the pistol grip?"

"Duh, obviously!"

"Well, MeAgain, if you want I should cut it off, I'll do it. But only because I'm your friend. But I'm afraid nobody else is gonna humor your irrational fear of that pistol grip."

"Just get rid of that godawful thing."

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  10. storch

storch banned

No, you pledge allegiance to your irrational fear of folding stocks and pistol grips, and to the fearful stereotyping of people who have guns at home for home protection.

How do you feel about BB-guns? You know you can put out an eye with one of those.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  11. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Paddock had a folding stock/bump stock on several rifles in Las Vegas.

12. onceburned

onceburned Banned

this world is becoming like that movie "Children of men"

Lynnbrown likes this.
  13. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

The one where no one gets born for 18 years?

How is the world currently like that?

14. Maccabee

Maccabee Luke 22:35-38

Actually, in most cases, folding stocks are primarily used for easier storage rather than concealability or fighting in close quarters. In fact there are firearms that can't be used while the stock is folded.

storch likes this.
  15. Maccabee

Who's arguing that?

16. Maccabee

And that made a difference how? He concealed his weapons by breaking them down. Every firearm can be broken down.

Irminsul and storch like this.
  17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

One has to think that if a stock gains accuracy, then having no stock may have cause more injuries and deaths from bullets being directed absolutely everywhere because of zero control.

Change my mind.

18. Depends on the caliber. I had a Ruger with a folding stock that fired .22LR. With the stock out, I could line the sights up and shoot more accurately. However, with it folded, I wasn't all over the place, but it was difficult to stay on a single target. Suppression fire would be all it was good for if someone actually wanted to risk a semi-auto .22 in "combat".

Then I got to fire a 7.62mm with the stock out and then folded. It was a nightmare trying to keep it close to a target unless I tucked it in and shot from the hip. Any extension of the arms and it was like a fire hose. If you used it inside a building, you could brace against a wall.

I'll get labeled as a gun nut for this probably. But I happen to know a REAL one. He's training to shoot left handed because his right hand trigger finger is arthritic from decades of abuse. He loves his trophies though, the shiny ones and the dead ones.

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm an amateur rifle enthusiast, I just prefer scoped bolt actions. I don't agree with many of the American gun laws or anything. I've several guns and they're kept locked in their safe bolted into the cement on my garage foundations. Personally I believe this is where they belong when not in use.

20. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

A Mannlicher Shoenaur takedown rifle is a hunting rifle. An SKS with a replacement aftermarket drum or banana magazine and a folding stock is an assault weapon, intended for killing human beings. In any case if we pass laws to protect all unarmed and defenseless animals and ban ammo, there would be no need for guns. Insecure guys can use their cell phones to call the police for help. If that don't work, try a police whistle.