Maroon 5

Discussion in 'Music' started by howl, Jan 23, 2005.

1. howl

howl Member

those guys seem to write the catchiest damn songs....
    i'm ashamed to find myself tapping my foot to "she will be loved...)

2. sm0key42o8

sm0key42o8 Senior Member

Yea, there one of the better bands in the mainstream(which doesnt say much). But there songs are catchy. I kinda like This Love.

3. Sunny Afternoon

Sunny Afternoon Member

I like them quite a bit, their album is very catchy.

4. blindhobosam

blindhobosam The Legend

i reckon that 'she will be loved' is going to be a classic song from this era, however much anyone hates it. it's chorus goes really high and stands out, which is quite unusual. their whole style is pretty good. they're alright for a mainstream band.

5. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

I like "This Love" a lot, it's very catchy and fun to sing along with. And the guy's pretty sexy, too..which makes the video fun :p

6. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

I just like This Love

7. howl

howl Member

i just downloaded their album... and i'll be damned if it ain't catchy the whole way through.... damn catchy pop music....

BTW: duck- this love is how my whole maroon 5 problem started.... it's a gateway song.... haha

8. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

yeah they're pretty good imo...This love and she will be love will always remind me of last summer. had a good time then.

9. alex714

alex714 To the Left

gehhh
    i cant stand them

this love was catchy, but thats about it

10. YEM28

YEM28 Member

this love may be catchy but they really arent talented...

cant stand to listen to them

11. CubanB

CubanB Member

No thanks

12. sleepy_ashes

sleepy_ashes Member

Yeah they definitly write some catchy tunes. It's always nice to see that the music industry puts out crap that isn't absolute crap.... when music is no longer art, but product, it's rare to find consistently enjoyable music.

13. ElChivato

ElChivato SeNioR MeMBeR

Yeah, they're groovy, i guess. My friend calah thinks the lead singer is so freakin hott, but i don't really...

14. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

i think they are kewl

15. JohnnyATL

JohnnyATL Banned

They were in High Times back in december, and they said that all there songs were written while they were high. There actually pretty big stoners

16. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

What the...? Am I really reading this? "This Love" is terrible, and I find myself on the brink of vomiting when I hear its dreadful chorus spewing out of some 16-year-old's Dodge Neon. I would hardly call it 'catchy,' and I would never in my wildest dreams call it 'good.' Maroon 5 is nothing more than a wasted gimmick used to lure in middle school girls who have no idea what music even is.

Haha, I don't understand how the same people who constantly insult Ashlee Simpson (which is understandable, of course) can turn around and say that Maroon 5 has 'catchy songs.'

Come on. Maroon 5? Geez...

17. RainbowCat

RainbowCat Senior Member

i think they're pretty bad. but you can like whateer you want.
    my friend hates it becaue he had to hear it at work everyday

18. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

There is a pretty big difference. Ashlee Simpson calls herself punk and is more pop-py than The Backstreet Boys were.
    I kinda see where you're coming from but, I disagree with what you said about them not making actual music. I heard their whole CD and only liked one song but, I think that they actually put work into their music, and actually care and stuff

19. Magnus76

Magnus76 Member

Couldn't care less... "This Love" was sure a big hit though, a good song.

20. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

I don't really listen to them, but pop music is everywhere so you can't ever hide from it. I think they're alright because they play their own music. I used to work in a foctory and the small beeping sound in the chorus of "she will be loved" sounds just like our forklift. Same pitch. I used to hear this song blasting from one of the radios and turn around to make sure I wasn't going to be hit.

I bet a few decades from now I'll listen to an oldies station and I'll hear this song and love it.

oh and BTW, Lucifer. I have a dodge neon and I LOVE my little car!!!