Marijuana tea

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by tom, Jan 10, 2005.

1. tom

tom Member

Made some tonight for the first time rather than smoking. Took awhile to kick in, but the high seemed different then from when I smoke. Anyone else ever try this?

2. justwannaknowstuff

justwannaknowstuff Member

Any special ingredients to make it tasty? or Do u just i dun know how do make it??

3. bedlam

bedlam Senior Member

no have never had pot tea. sounds nice..

4. bedlam

bedlam Senior Member

how much do you use???

5. McJesus

McJesus Member

Yeah, please reply with instructions on how you made your brew.

6. PhysicTrip

PhysicTrip Member

yeah man that would be sweet

7. PhysicTrip

PhysicTrip Member

yeah man that would be sweet

8. garf12

garf12 Member

well it would have to be something other than water and tea, because the THC needs something to connect to like fat.

9. Jonas

Jonas Member

idk garf, i've done it and i've felt results just by using shwag stems and chaff. i have a screen clamp usedd for making tea without using a bag, so i just loaded it iwth chaif and stems, the steam reeked like unburnt weed, it was so nice smelling, and i drank it, i felt a good body high, and i was extremely relaxed. don't do it if your looking to get retarded, its nice if you wanna chill. use really hot water and only let it cool a little bit. it was cool, teh water was green and stuff, it tasted so good. mmmmm i'm gonna buy some shwag so i don't feel bad about wasting nugget lol.

10. tom

tom Member

I mixed equal parts of dank bud and chamomille, and just a little bit of peppermint. Got the water boiling and let it steep for about 45 minutes. Added a little bit of milk just before drinking. It was delicious.

11. Rasheeke

Rasheeke Member

How much did you make, and how much did you put in, like weight? Did you get a nice trip, or was it more of a relaxing buzz?

12. tom

tom Member

It was a medium size nug, about the equivalent to a bowl and a half. Was definately more a of a relaxing mellow buzz.

13. lawngirl

lawngirl Member

i used to make herb tea all the time, but i haven't in ages...
    anyway, here's a tip:
    like someone said, you'll need to add milk (cause it's fat soluble)...
    just don't squeeze a lemon into it! i prefer lemon and sugar in my tea instead of milk, but if you mix lemon and milk (especially in hot tea) it will curdle.
    anyway, just thought i'd mention that so nobody ends up with a stomache ache or wasted herb.

14. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

are you serious, insane jester? hot chocolate hasnt got enough caffiene in it for you to feel. and while milk doesnt usually go with herbal tea, its still mixed with most tea in teh western world ;)

anywya id be afraid of wasting my weed, but may try it one day

15. MellowPsychedelia

MellowPsychedelia Member

wait, wait. Would soymilk not work then??

16. lawngirl

lawngirl Member

hmm.. well, i checked the box in my fridge, and soymilk has a little fat in it... so i assume it would work. but you would probably have to add more soymilk than just a 'splash.' i assume if you use soymilk though, the lemon wouldn't curdle.

when i would make it, i didn't mix it with another tea... i've had a sore throat the past couple of days, so now i'm thinking about brewin' some up.. anyway, i'm interested in mixing it was another flavor of tea, cause that sounds good, too. which do you think would taste best mixed with herb and (soy)milk? i think i'm gonna try chai, but if you guys have other ideas, that is much appriciated. :D tom said chemomile and peppermint a couple posts above, and that sounds not only delicious, but sore-throat friently.

hot chocolate also sounds really good!

17. Mix

Mix Member

Hot Buttered Bhang

Ingrediants

half a cube (1/8 pound) of butter or ghee
    1/3 - 1/2 oz. Of Marijuana Leaves
    8 ounces of Vodka
    1-2 pinches Cardamom seed
    honey
    Directions

In a pan, melt the butter or ghee. Break up the marijuana leaves into the pan. Once the butter and leaves are hot and sizzling, add in 8 ounces of vodka. Be careful that the hot butter doesn't make the mixture splatter. Pour the Vodka in swiftly to avoid problems. Continue boiling the mixture for roughly 30 more seconds, stirring simultaneously. Add a pinch or two or powdered cardamom seed while boiling.

Once mixture has been boiled to desired ammount, strain the fluids and mash the contents through a strainer. You should use a tool like a spoon to try and squueze all the juices out. Throw away the mush, or reboil to try and bet more juices out. Pour the liquid into two 4 ounce wine glasses.

This Recipe serves two people. This is an extremely efficient method for extracting the THC. Add honey to taste and enjoy as a hot chocolate-esque Drink

MMMMMMM TASTY! :H

18. Mix

Mix Member

seriously guys if you wanna find out recipies just do a google search for "Cannabis Tea" or "Bhang" or "Green Dragon"

19. Rasheeke

Rasheeke Member

So, would i just put like a bowl or two's worth in a teapot, or a cups, and let it steep/boiling for a bit, then add a splash of milk, wait a minute, and dirnk up? That is basically what i gathered, and is what ill try unless im told otherwise. Please someone tell me if im doing it right.

20. lawngirl

lawngirl Member

here's what i used to do:

i'd break up ~gram, but the amount you use is really up to you. do you have a tea infuser? you know, those metal mesh balls that you put loose leaf tea in? if not, you can empty and re-stitch a tea bag, or make your own.
    anyway, toss that in a mug with rapidly boiling water and a big spalsh of milk. stir in a big spoon of sugar. cover and steep a few minutes. i like to leave the 'tea bag' in while i drink.

you can also heat the milk first, add the herb to that, and then pour that into your mug of hot water. if you do that, be careful, cause milk burns really fast when you heat it, especially on the stove top. stirring is crucial to avoid burning the milk.