Marijuana for everyone!

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by bedlam, Jan 17, 2005.

?

Should marijuana be legal?

1. It should be illegal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Only legal for medicinal use

21 vote(s)
    77.8%
  3. Ssould be legal (and taxable)

6 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

i am strongly for decriminalization of it, but i voted for legal(but taxed) since decriminalization was not an option.

2. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

its not the same kind of addiction...

and the medicinal properties are the actuial thc for the most part...and if u take that out you got nothing(aka hemp)

3. Myranya

Myranya Slytherin Girl

I'm from the Netherlands, it's legal here and I've never met anyone high on pot who created problems or anything... I definitely can't say the same for alcohol. It's just totally ridiculous that in the US and so many other countries alcohol is legal and pot is not. I have no idea how that came to be (probably lobbying of the rich alcohol producing companies or something) but it makes not a shred of sense.
    (Btw, I don't use any -I don't smoke anything at all, but it sure don't bother me when others smoke pot... I even prefer the secondhand smoke of a joint over a cigarette, doesn't smell bad while cigs stink!)

4. PeRrY

PeRrY Member

I love weed, i couldnt imagine a day with out smokin up,,,,but it really shouldnt be legalized. If they did, the Govt would impose all these fucked up taxes and restrictions on it. -------itd be nice to see it legalized, but people would simply go to crazy with it, if it were.
    People would be baking out ALL the time when driving, which i know some people can handle it, but some cant. And those that can't, would be a danger to the rest of us.---I dont think it would work with todays society, but maybe someday, wayyyy down the road.

5. Spastic_Monkey

Spastic_Monkey Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

If it was legal, it would still be illegal for people under a certain age, most likely 18, or maybe 21, which it would be a bitch to wait until then, but oh well, I'm going to have to say legalize.

6. JamesR420

JamesR420 Member

^who'd have to wait? id do what i used to do with cigs, just stand outside a gas station that doesnt have a no loitering sign and wait for a kind soul to buy u some!

7. Spastic_Monkey

True, true...

8. Myranya

Myranya Slytherin Girl

That doesn't happen here in the Netherlands. I do agree it might happen for a really short time; there may be a lot of people who'd want to try it right after it's legalized. But once everyone gets used to it that'll pass.

9. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

I dunno, America sure isn't the Netherlands. We're a strange breed over here. Wild and crazy, we are...

10. Myranya

Myranya Slytherin Girl

Bah, I lived in the US for five years and while of course there are cultural differences, y'all aren't that different.

11. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

§hü† †hë h룣 üÞ åñÐ mövë †ö €üröÞë.

12. YES I CANNABIS

YES I CANNABIS Member

LEGALIZE IT!!! even tho it dosnt make a huge diffrence if it is in vancouver... we get off pretty easy

13. kawiz1k

kawiz1k Member

marijuana laws are by definition unconstitutional

14. stonerman420

stonerman420 Member

decriminalized is the way to go i think..because its not totally legal and the government cant really like make it into how cigarettes are today...you know with all of that extra additives to make it more addictive. because i think if it became totally legal then the government (more specifically tabacco companies) will have found their new money maker and by adding a ton of addictive substances in it they would have so many more customers taht way and pot really wouldnt be pot anymore, it would be to fucked with...thats my thought atleast.

15. FloydFollower5

FloydFollower5 Member

The issue of Marajiana legalization should not even by a debate, it's just that The U.S>goverment likes to say fucking NO to the people they swore to serve but anyway. . . . . .
    THE DEATH COMPARISON OF THE THREE MOST USED REC. DRUGS :

TOBACCO: 435,000 DEATHS A YEAR

ALCHOHAL: 55,000 DEATHS A YEAR (not including DUI)

CANNABIS: 0 DEATHS A YEAR (THATS RIGHT, NO DEATH IN RECORDED HITORY FROM CANNABIS OVERDOSE; IT SIMPLY IS NOT TOXIC ENOUGH.)

TOBACCO: LEGAL

ALCHOHAL:LEGAL

CANNABIS:ILLEGAL
    WHAT THE FUCK?!!?

.CASE CLOSED.

16. Spastic_Monkey

It's basicly impossible to overdose on weed, because you would pass out before you could smoke enough of it, so yeah...

17. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

what if u ate like 50 hash brownies?

18. PeRrY

PeRrY Member

NOpe, It is Toxic Enough to kill you,, but in order for you to "od" on Marijuana, you would have to Consume, in any way or form, 3 times your body weight within a 24 hour period.....which is IMPOSSIBLE.....

19. Bob_Bong

Bob_Bong Member

the only way i could see someone really drying from weed, is if they hotboxed a closet or really small area.. and stayed in there smoking non stop for a day.. you'd possibley suffocate...... but that'd be pretty damn unlikely

20. EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp Green Secessionist

I once heard that there was exactly ONE reported death from cannabis, but it involved an idiot who tried to inject hash oil intravenously. :rolleyes:

Will try to find the reference...