MAOI Dieting

Discussion in 'Exotic Psychedelic Plants' started by wutthe4k, Jan 25, 2009.

1. wutthe4k

wutthe4k Mr. Mojo Risin'

A quick question...when planning on taking Ayahuasca (using Syrian Rue as an MAOI) are dietary restrictions needed on just the day of dosing? Or are they needed the day before, the day of, and the day after? I'm confused as to how cautious I should be about this.

2. Feelings Of U4ia

Feelings Of U4ia Senior Member

All I have to say is BE fucking careful taking anything that is considered an MAOI. It has interactions with EVERYTHING.

3. ancient powers

ancient powers Member

The only thing you need to worry about is skipping the meal before you dose. Its hard not to purge like 30min after ingestion. If you have food it absorbs the medicine and then you purge, getting very little. With the empty tummy. the medicine is absorbed in the stomach before the purge. That gets you high. The maoi has some reversible trait which lets the body to reverse the maoi if danger presents itself. As long as you dont eat right after taking the rue either. That would pose a possible danger of mao posioning.

4. DroneLore

DroneLore h8rs gon h8, I stay based

Can anyone verify this? Do you have a source?

5. BlazingDervish

BlazingDervish Banned

QFE.