Manslaughter

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by indescribability, Jan 4, 2005.

1. indescribability

indescribability Not To Be Continued

i find out today that my cousin who has sometimes been a rather huge pain in the ass is up for manslaughter my cousin is 6'0 or so and roughly 200 he saw a man beating on a woman and went to go help her he approached the man and struck him one time in the head and the man died

i believe the woman and the man had a relationship and the woman spoke in defense of my cousin on the police report as well as many other witnesses if any of you know anything about law could you tell me what you think my cousins chances are with no priors

2. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

what state?

3. peacefuljeffrey

peacefuljeffrey Senior Member

I think that in most jurisdictions, if you believe a person is using or is about to use deadly physical force against YOU OR another person, you are justified in using deadly physical force to stop the attack. Your cousin needs a lawyer pronto!

I think that a lot is going to depend on answers to questions like, "Why didn't your cousin just pull the guy off the woman rather than clock him in the head?" Those might be tough to answer.

See why it pays to mind one's own business?

By the way, I need to ask you kindly to USE PUNCTUATION IN YOUR POSTS. It's ridiculously overwhelmingly annoying to read your stuff when it has no periods or commas. Come on, man, don't take a big shit on what all your teachers tried to teach you. You gotta realize how dumb it looks to post one single sentence per paragraph!

-Jeffrey

4. indescribability

indescribability Not To Be Continued

so what i know how to write and talk i dont want to type that way i type slow and it takes too much time sorry if you dont like it

5. whispers

whispers sweet and sour

jefray.......get a life