Manic Depressive

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Rasheeke, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Rasheeke

Rasheeke Member

my frined want to try pot a couple times, but, he's manic depressive, and we don't know if it'll do anything. We know well enough, not to do it, if he's ina suicidal mood, but, if he's jsut in a noraml good mood, will there be anything harmful at allt o worry about anyways?

2. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

don't take this as gospel, since i'm not a psychologist

Seems to me it should be ok as long as the set and setting are good and positive. A bad trip could be bad news for your friend. But it might also help, I really don't know. if he takes medication, it's probably less dangerous.

I dunno man, becareful with it.

3. Peace Attack

Peace Attack Make War

My brother is manic depressive and was a major pothead. It was really scary, he would go nuts sometimes...but he also wasn't taking meds and drinking ALOT.
    So as long as your friend is taking his meds it should be alright.

It can suck so bad being close to someone who has that disorder.

4. thebuffster

thebuffster Member

hmm, it could be a bad idea because he might have a really bad trip. Some people develop schizophrenia because of bad trips, so he might want to be careful.

5. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

just make sure you dont leave them alone, and you reassure them whenever anything is wrong. make sure theyre aware of all teh effects, even thigns like increased emotion and paranoia and stuff

but yeh make sure theyre:
    happy
    not feeling unsure about trying weed
    not afraid anyone will catch them or something
    not afraid theyre gonna die

and have some funny stuff like movies or something in case the atmosphere sorta goes bad

6. Aberfoyle

Aberfoyle Member

Manic Depression shouldn't cause much of a problem for him in that regard. However, if he did smoke more than a few times, perhaps he would get used to smoking to deal with Manic Depression. Its good for calming and euphoria afterall. Don't know if thats healthy or not...

7. Rasheeke

Rasheeke Member

Well, he is unsure about trying the weed, for that reason, and others that are irrelevant to the topic. I don't think he requires meds for it, but wouldn't mixing meds with pot be bad anyways??

8. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

If your friend is on meds, he should talk to his doctor. Your friend's health is too valuable to trust the well meaning opinions of stoners with computers.

9. Twitch

Twitch Member

wut he said.

I was diagnosed with manic depession 2 yrs ago, wait almost 3.. I find it helps ME, it calms me when im manic, and helps me relax and forget wuts bothering me when im depressed. but then again these are my finding, each person is different. only one real way to find out....

10. callinghome

callinghome Member

My dad is severly manic depressive and he blazes all the time. It should be fine. And it'll probably improve his mood. Just make sure he doesnt do too much his first time, it can be a little scary and might make him thing that the negative effects are caused by his MD when its not.

11. jakesanders

jakesanders Senior Member

just in ppl who are manic depressants? or anyone?

12. anymiddleanymore

anymiddleanymore Member

I'm manic depressive and I toke 24/7 more-or-less, It's pretty cool really cos it relaxes me at the same time as making me happy so it makes more of an inbetween :) I would probably say I depend on it for my sanity though so just be careful things don't get out of hand thats all i'd say :)

have fun

13. Rasheeke

Rasheeke Member

anymiddleanymore, thanks for your input, and its nice to know, your first post was on my thread:D

14. Hipkatmeow

Hipkatmeow Member

Im manic depresant and I smoke... Im on medication and depending on what medication you are on you have to be careful because the weed affects you a little bit differently. But it probably is easier to start depending on it... but your right he probably should tlak to his doctor first because every person is different... and nto every one has manic depression to the same level... and weed does effect everyone differently.... and now Im rambling... so just be careful.

15. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

mixing weed with any other drug has not been recorded to be more dangerous than the two seperately. ie, weed doesnt mess with depression medication, though it does mess with your emotions. this is because weed works on a set of neurotransmitters that have only recently been studied, and nothing we take affects them except weed and drugs that have come about based on weed in the past decade or so (which arent used for emotional balancing)

16. Rasheeke

Rasheeke Member

We'll ive always heard, just as a precaution from my mother, never to mix my ritalin and weed. If i were to take ritalin at lunch, and smoke some weed while it's still in affect, would there be any potential hazards?? or does that all really depend on my body, and how it takes it?

17. Archemetis

Archemetis Senior Member

its not like your feeding the kid mushrooms.

there was a time when i went through my manic deppresion stage and ganje really helped alot.

although it is easier for someone like that to go overboard and smoke too much and give up on everything else outside that comfort zone.

18. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

rasheeke, there is no extra problem on your body, but you might get sone sort of mood swing somewhere along the line

but if its anything like speed+weed lol then it would be awesome hehe

19. Hipkatmeow

Hipkatmeow Member

what is speed + weed like together? Ive done both but never combined them.

20. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

i say its awesome, caus it gets rid of the tired sorta sloppiness of being really baked, but keeps the open mind and the changed perception and stuff, if you get what i mean. try it.