Mandela Effect

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by guerillabedlam, Dec 11, 2016.

1. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

The Mandela Effect is a phenomena where groups of people all share a false memory regarding a particular event or thing. Although the more speculative think it is not false memories but evidence of parallel worlds or time travelling entities changing timelines.

Alot of these examples so far revolve around entertainment, some of them are pretty mindblowing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buzzfeed.com/amphtml/christopherhudspeth/crazy-examples-of-the-mandela-effect-that-will-make-you-ques?client=ms-android-sprint-us

2. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

Also, noone on Star Trek ever said "Beam me up Scotty"

3. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

The past is only a memory, the future is but a dream, but without both awareness is impossible! Its better to have false memories than none at all! Deja vu, that feeling that you've read this before.

4. The Walking Dickhead

I have read that before. I read it twice in a row.

1 person likes this.
  5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i assume that sinbad actually was a genie, and somebody wished that he had appeared in fewer movies. i can think of no more noble wish.

6. The Walking Dickhead

Also, there was no film called The Usual Suspects. This actually happened, it was in the news and everything. Pre-internet days, people take what they see on their televisions far too literally these days.

7. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

You probably wrote it yourself in a previous life.

8. The Walking Dickhead

Unlikely. I was a serpent in a previous life. No hands.

9. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

Snakes write with their genitals, some even have french ticklers, and they're all hermaphrodites for double your pleasure.

10. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Okay,so it's collective unconscious creative visualisation.If some of us Hip Forum people tried to conjure something up,what would we want to materialize?

11. The Walking Dickhead

Good to know I had some fun in the old days at least

12. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

That's why false memories are so important, otherwise, sex would become boring.

13. The Walking Dickhead

Everyone, including me up until recently when I checked IMDB, thinks the nurse in the film One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest is called Nurse Ratchet. Actually it's Nurse Ratched.

Everyone who hasn't read the book I imagine.

14. Luna Lovesong

Luna Lovesong Members

I never watched star wars or star trek to hear that the only lines I have ever heard from either one weren't actually said is a definite mind blow

15. fundoo

fundoo Members

huh!

Yeah, I just read this (because I didn't know what Mandela Effect was and was surprised by the "OP" (orignal post?)'s examples. But I am not surprised anymore! People can spread untruths so easily and below says why.
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/2131689/do-you-quote-the-luke-i-am-your-father-line-from-star-wars-if-so-youre-getting-it-wrong-and-this-is-the-reason-why/
    "In other words, if someone says or implies that something looks a certain way, there’s a natural tendency to believe them if you’ve never paid close attention to it."

I DID know the Bernstain Bears one though, because I remember as a child wondering why it was pronounced differently. Very interesting though about Star Wars, because I too assumed it was "Luke, I am your father." but I am not at all surprised this is wrong. However, now I have to look up Sinbad/genie, because I swear I've seen that movie...although I swear I've ...well I am just getting dejavu (using the term loosely). haha I like these "mind games" though!

-oh Sinbad...yes, it was Shaq. But there was a movie. Was the character's name Sinbad??...Really!!?? It was Kazaam!? haha lmao!

16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i have no difficulty realizing i seldom if ever recall an exactly sequence of words, as my mind stores memories in ways that really are more useful.
    (well more useful to me, then trying to parrot them back. but it does mean i have to write something down if i want to be able to use the same sequence of words again)
    i rather suspect other people's minds do too. they just live in such a verbally oriented culture, that it becomes difficult for most people to recognize or acknowledge that they do.

there was a movie in the 70s called the seventh voyage of sindbad, no idea why it was called that, that involved a search for a blue rose.
    much like today's video games that i don't think had even been imagined yet, it involved a series of 'boss battles/puzzle solving" resulting in clues, and or "leveling up".
    that's as good, bad or indifferent as i am at remembering such things.

not too sure why anyone would think it was in the 80s. the 80s gave us buckaroo bonasai in the eighth dimension though, along with quest for fire.