Mandatory AIDS testing

Discussion in 'Protest' started by Climbing Arms of Ivy, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Climbing Arms of Ivy

Climbing Arms of Ivy Senior Member

There is now mandatory AIDS testing between the ages 14-84. There is no good reason for this, but they will claim that there is a good reason and make up something bogus but the real reason for this is so they can get everyones DNA and do whatever with it. Just a step away from implanting "the chip" that will be required for a person to buy things and anything like that. It also will be used to monitor everything that a person does, goes, and buys etc.. It will also show all your medical information, what bills you pay and other things like that.

2. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

no good reason????
    Have u known anyone who has died of HIV/AIDS? I have....a friend I lived with off & on for a few yrs died in Jan 2006

3. Politics are awesome

Politics are awesome Politics suck

This is great news, though I have no idea what you're talking about? Who will test, the gov't?. If so, it is one of the first real steps America has taken to fighting the virus...

What do you think they will do with the DNA, clone the most fit citizens? :rolleyes: Don't be so paranoid.
    I imagine that with the DNA, superscientists could create a vaccine or cure for the virus. Magic Johnson is still alive after 15 years of the disease.

Though I think you might be a bit confused.... I've heard nothing about any kind of AIDS bill of this stature? :confused:

4. Politics are awesome

5. somedude

somedude Member

He is on posters all over Brooklyn for the HIV pill Kaletra, and on the poster he claims to take it eveyday as part of his treatment.

6. Politics are awesome

At this point in time (as far as we know) it is impossible to completely eradicate HIV or AIDS from your body. His virus is just at "nearly undetectable" levels.

7. somedude

somedude Member

But where is this "fact", even you said you hadn't heard of this legislation. So it is hardly fact. It would be fucked up if it was true, though.

8. yarrow_sun

yarrow_sun Member

Illinois Gov. Signs Bill Requiring HIV Testing of Infants Born to Untested Women
    [size=-1][Jun 27, 2006][/size]

http://www.kaisernetwork.org/daily_reports/rep_index.cfm?DR_ID=38144

The Texas Legislature passed a bill in May 2005 requiring that mandatory screening, citing the “genuine threat to public health” caused by the increasing number of inmates with HIV in prison who return to the community. Only 20 states require mandatory HIV testing.

http://news.galvestondailynews.com/story.lasso?ewcd=d4492de091e34764

9. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

So anyone that hates testing....if you went out with someone, do u ask them their HIV status before u have sex? If you did not ask, but had sex & later became pregnant and then found out later on the dad was HIV+ would you be upset cuz he didn't tell you about it....whether you ever caught it or not.

10. Politics are awesome

That makes a lot of sense.
    Should be nationwide, and for more than just infants.

I'm pretty much celibate, due to my fear of contracting the disease or any other's...
    They're everywhere nowadays.

11. yarrow_sun

yarrow_sun Member

Looks like the TX bill is for inmates being released.
    I wonder what they do with that info, as it would not be for treatment purposes at that point.

I'm a nurse so I have been tested before, voluntarily. If for some really dumb reason I was going to have unprotected sex, I absolutely would ask if they have been tested! I had no idea that was even a question anymore (unprotected sex). Wow.:eek:

12. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

I have worked as a nurse's aide...and have had plenty of friends & patients who have unprotected sex. HIV might be a big deal to some, but to others its just something they see on TV.

13. brownxfoot

brownxfoot Member

i think this is a good bill, not only because the world need this testing also because it offers a opt out to the mother.

14. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

Who's going to pay for those without insurance? I haven't heard of this either. So this only concerns poor newborns, moms, and inmates? Are they the only ones spreading the disease?

I live in California, and I can tell you what they do with those stats. They don't reincarcerate those with disease. I have a cousin that spent over twenty years in the slammer. He got out. His mother got sick and died, he took advantage of her financially, it was reported, was he reincarcerated...no, because it would have cost the state too much. He's now living free on Social Security Disability and Medicaid. He's no longer a strain on the prison system, just the tax payers at larger, as well as still being a drug user. He's Hep C positive with kidney and liver failure. Doesn't mean he can't ruin a few lives before he croaks. He caused his mother's early death.

15. mr.morrison

mr.morrison Senior Member

there isnt a way to kill the virus. because viruses cant be killed. a virus isnt alive. its not like bacteria. a virus gets into your body and goes inside a cell and becomes dormant.it reproduces and stays in that cell. after a while all the little viruses suddenly burst the cell to bits and attack you. thats when you become sick. eventually the virus goes back into dormancy and it starts again. after you get the virus once, you have it forever. that is why there is no cure for colds. becuase you cant kill something that isnt alive.

16. brownxfoot

brownxfoot Member

as to to what their goign to do with them, i dont think think there is anything you could do except maybee put them all on a island.
    that's what they should do!!!
    or
    tell them and hope the exercise caution.

17. yarrow_sun

yarrow_sun Member

Maybe it's that they are the ones who are in a position where they can't or won't refuse. Like picking on the weakest.

18. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

Exactly my point. Well said.

19. What the hell is so bad about AIDS testing? if it is quarrintined, and not allowed to spread, it dies. Plain and simple.