Man vs. Wild

Discussion in 'Reality TV' started by nashy61, May 17, 2007.

1. nashy61

nashy61 Member

Anybody else a fan of this show? Just saw that there will be new episodes starting on June 15th. I love the host Bear Grylls...I wish I adventrous spirit like his does...but alas I enjoy watching from the comfort of my couch. :)

2. CSP101

CSP101 Member

That show is awesome! I wish I could say I don't even watch TV but alas I have a weak spot for the discovery channel.

3. nashy61

nashy61 Member

Yea, it really is a great show. I too have a weak spot for discovery. Pretty much will watch anything on there, but Man vs. Wild is one of my favorites. Just love that Bear Grylls. Can't wait for the new episode next week!

4. Ocean Bionic

Ocean Bionic Hero of the People

Bear is a complete badass.
    Survivor Man is another good one... not as good... but still good.

5. nashy61

nashy61 Member

HAHA. Totally. If you look up badass in the dictionary there should be a picture of Bear Grylls. I cant believe some of the stuff he does. It is so much fun to watch. The new episode next week is him in the Everglades. Think he will wrestle an alligator?

6. Ocean Bionic

Ocean Bionic Hero of the People

psh, of course he will. then he'l fashion a leash and make it his bitch!

7. lifelovefun

lifelovefun Member

I LOVE Man vs Wild :) This is 1 TV show actually worth watching lol

8. nashy61

nashy61 Member

yup. it is totally worth watching. i just love bear getting into crazy stuff. been watching a lot of reruns and im pumped to see the new episodes when they start up friday! just a few more days.

9. IzzieStevens

IzzieStevens Member

I'm a big fan of this show too. You always learn something new!

10. nashy61

nashy61 Member

learn something and watch him do the wild stuff in the coolest locations. don't forget to watch the new episode tomorrow night everyone!

11. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

That is an amazing show dude. I hate watching it because it makes me stressed but it's pretty cool. I always love it when he escapes safely...
    Sometimes he eats gross shit though (which is the same reason I won't watch Fear Factor or any eating competition on Survivor!)

12. nashy61

nashy61 Member

so who caught the new episode? of course it was freakin awesome! did you see him eat that turtle? that is crazy!! i dont think i would do that. hahah...oh well. great stuff man, i cant wait for more.

13. TheLittleOne

TheLittleOne Senior Member

I've only seen a couple episodes...The Antarctic, and The Everglades.
    He jumped into a pool of freezing water. Then jumped into a pool of swamp mud...like worse than quicksand. Crazy man.

14. nashy61

nashy61 Member

oh yea. that was the iceland one last week. i thought that was soo cool how he warmed up in the mud while the wind dried his clothes. really have been happy with the new episodes so far. bear is the man.

i also thought it was cool when he caught that snow chicken (it had a fancier name, but they said that is what americans call it).

15. rebelfight420

rebelfight420 Banned

umm how is it when he does stuff like going through bushes and sliding down steep slopes and walking in like 50 mph winds he is falling and stuff but his camera man doesnt?

16. dd3stp233

dd3stp233 -=--=--=-

17. Jedite83

Jedite83 Members

I like both shows: Man vs. Wild and Survivorman, but prefer Man vs.Wild.

Both shows have parts that are staged, either to bring in viewers or to include more information, without killing the host.

18. lifelovefun

lifelovefun Member

Man vs Wild over Survivorman anyday!!! Les Stroud seems to just sit on his ass and wait until his week is over and than he goes home, I LOVE how Bear Grylls actually survives and tries his damndest to get his ass out :) It's like an action movie!

19. dd3stp233

dd3stp233 -=--=--=-

The differnce is that Les is alone during the filming and has to set the cameras up himself, which takes a lot of time, actually about 65%, and carry that 50 pounds of camera gear. Bear, on the other hand, has a production crew with him, all the time, so he doesn't have to do anything but look good for the shots. Of course that make for better looking action, but in a real survival sitution, action is something to usually avoid.

20. lifelovefun

lifelovefun Member

LOL - In a real survival situation you wouldn't be lugging around 50 pounds of camera equiptment !