Man this sucks..I'm 16 and never had a girlfriend before

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Formertechno34, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Formertechno34

Formertechno34 Member

I had so many chances on getting one but there's was always something negative about it.

I went to my country 2 years ago, and this girl liked me so much but I didn't have feelings for her and she wasn't really my type of girl but she was hot. But I think at that time, I wasn't really ready.

I met this girl last year, we started talking on msn, everything went well, then on the phone until we saw each other one day. I think she liked me but I didn't really, I did but very little. I didn't want to tell her that I don't like her, it would hurt her. And now she has a boyfriend, turns out to be someone I know.

I like this girl now, I have her msn but I don't know. When I first added her on my msn, we talked and talked, but after some time, she wouldn't reply. I told her hi yesterday and she didn't reply with a ''hi'' or something which sucks. She already has a boyfriend so maybe that's the problem but anyways.

Any advice?

2. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

I never had a girlfriend until I was just about to turn 17, so I dont think your situation sucks. :)

3. SILVERWOLF_87

SILVERWOLF_87 Member

Ha, 16 is nothing. Besides, you get in a relationship now and it'll most likely end up being one of those crappy 1-month highschool relationships... Well, at least that was my case :p

4. weep

weep Senior Member

why do you wanna hurry? You´re not even in love..
    Do you just want a girlfriend to say you have/had one and not be a looser or something? Wait until you´re really in love, there´s no need for forcing yourself into something. It´s not a bad thing to not be in a relationship at your age. Your young, you have plenty of time...

5. Suncatch22

Suncatch22 Member

I'm twenty and I've never been kissed, much less had an actual relationship.

Stop rushing it.

6. Musikero

Musikero Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Well, that's not so bad. I didn't have a girlfriend until I was eighteen. Some people here didn't even have girlfriends/boyfriends until they were in their twenties. So no, not having a girlfriend at the age of 16 is not something you need to worry about so much. Anyway, just because you're not lucky now doesn't mean you won't get lucky later.

7. Cutted

Cutted Cutted

Formertechno - sometimes people you meeet on the internet and have a verbal connection with don't live up to your expectations when you initially meet them in person. Likewise, people you meet in person may be initially attractive to you, but when you get to know what is inside them, there is nothing there.

This girl now has someone else, so accept it. Your chance has passed.

8. Formertechno34

Formertechno34 Member

True. Hey Cutted, did you receive my reply? You sent me an email about the problem I had, and I replied to you but you never did.

9. Buckacow

Buckacow Member

Don't fret about it dude!
    You'll meet someone someday that you really like.

It will happen when it happens.

10. Crayola

Crayola =)

haha yea he's just 16. if he waits for love he might be 50 when he gets kissed for the first time.
    i understand that a 16yo guy wants to have a gf quick, if only to look cool. not like he's a criminal for wanting a gf asap...

however yea, Technoperson, if u are discouraged after talking to 3 girls, get ready for a surprise, cuz u'll talk to a lot more girls before making them your gf...

11. Formertechno34

Formertechno34 Member

It's not that I want to act ''cool'', there's really no point to that. All I want is a girl that I could love and that she can love me back too and like be really in love. In 2 years I'm finishing Highschool..finishing Highschool without having a girl once? That's gonna suck..

Also call me Peter. :)

12. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

Peter, I can think of a million other things that would suck even more. It's not the end of the world and you aren't alone on the matter. It will happen when it does. Don't let petty things motivate you to get a gf that really doesn't interest you just to have one.

13. Formertechno34

Formertechno34 Member

God I know it's not the end of the world..or something but it's not easy, that's what I'm saying. And here what's bothering me, it's not only 3 girls.. there's been quite a few others that liked me and which I had chance too but something negative came and fucked it up. This sucks badly..yes I know there's worse things in life and harder things. So ya..

14. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

Shit boy if you're gonna get all worried because she doesn't reply to your instant messages 100% of the time then you're SOL. Instant messages are a very low level form of communication, there's no nuances from voice, no physical communication (80% of our communication is nonverbal, think about all that you're missing out by not being face to face when you talk to her)

Next time you catch her when she's around on msn (hey I leave mine on sometimes and walk away, it happens, don't fret) ask her out to coffee, see how things go. Instant messengers are fine and dandy but if you want to date someone you need to have deeper communications and step up to the plate, just ask her out and see how things turn out.

15. Suncatch22

Suncatch22 Member

Peter:
    Seriously, man, stop worrying and it might happen. That's always been the case for me -- as soon as I stop worrying, I find something great :)

And I know what you mean -- I went through high school without having a single boyfriend. I'm now in my second year of college and have had a lot of chances, most of which I've blown.
    But remember:

TWO YEARS IS A LONG TIME!

Really. Just because life is a certain way now, does not mean it's going to change soon. Maybe even tomorrow. :)

Hang in there!

16. Marija

Marija Senior Member

Peter, don't worry at all. Just relax and stop "searching" girl you like, let things happen more spontanious. Don't think about them, and don't think about them. Also, go out more often, try to meet more people, you will find someone you like in notime:)

17. Crayola

Crayola =)

HEY im the only one who can call him peter.

jk tho

18. Formertechno34

Formertechno34 Member

Thanks everyone for your replies, I appreciate it.

19. Cutted

Cutted Cutted

Formertechno/Peter, you will have a girlfriend soon, I know it. You are a great kid.

20. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

You are being to picky for your age. Next time a hottie wants you get on it. Trust me you will never forget that missed oppertunity. Also quit trying to contact the chick who has a boyfriend. I shouldn't have to tell you that.