Man, if you could go back...

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Gravity, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Gravity

Gravity #winning

If you could go back 10 years from now and tell your self one thing, what would you say?

2. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Don't sweat the small stuff, and don't race through time.

3. Krsna Bhakti

Krsna Bhakti d-_-b JAMMING

Hare Krsna Hare Rama! :)

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

there's not a damd thing i can think of that would have done me a damd bit of good.

not that recently at least.

and i can't think of too many other times in my life it would have either.

i wish i could have become a canadian citizen instead of joining the airforce back when i came of age during viet nam.

i wish i could have bought and held on to a piece of land instead of that boat when i quit the railroad after i got all that overtime when the bombs blew up in the freight yard. i don't know if i would actualy have been able to keep it any longer then i did the boat. but i sure wish i could have.

other things probably would have been nice too. but i don't see how there's anything i could have told myself at any time that would have enabled me to chainge any of that.

i did manage to have a modest number of odd interesting advantures that i would never willingly trade having had a more 'normal' for.

even though i would very much like to have been able to do more with my interest in small trains and other alternative tecnologies.

would perhapse have been nice if i could have done more with music too.

=^^=
    .../\...

5. doesn't matter, I never would have listened.

6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

with me though, there's nothing that listning to would have enabled me to change. that's the difference.

i even DID listen to the future in a sense, scoping out what the probabilities were. it's just that knowing them in advance, as in many cases i did then, didn't do me a damd bit of good either.

it's not like i was predestined or anything, but circumstances are circumstances.
    maybe if i'd been some kind of a god or something, and alone and never having to worry about anything, but it's not like any of us are.

=^^=
    .../\...

7. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

don't quit swimming

8. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Exactly.

9. wiuf

wiuf Member

fuck a lot of women. not just one woman. a lot of women.

10. Tree-Hugger

Tree-Hugger The Chainsaw

Don't date Nathan it fucks up your friendship and makes things weird, never quit dancing, and audition at the different theatres instead of giving up on your passion......don't listen to the advisors at your school.....suck it up and start driving sooner so you can get that great job you were offered. Oh and stay the hell away from guys they are trouble - and they will all think you are a lesbian anyways.

11. Posthumous

Posthumous Resident Smartass

Don't eat the brown acid.

12. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

You're going to have more than you have ever dreamed of. Brace yourself for one incredible life.

13. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

learn how to motivat eyourself

14. Butters

Butters Senior Member

Don't be such a wimp and take some damn risks.

15. indian~summer

indian~summer yo ho & a bottle of yum

CHILL THE FUCK OUT YOU WHINNY LITTLE BITCH!!!
    yeah :H
    i'd prolly punch myself in the face a little too...just a little

16. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

Never, ever, ever get married again.

17. texasmade3

texasmade3 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

when that chick asks you to go upstairs with her to her parents bedroom, DO IT!!!!

18. Hacker

Hacker Vescere Bracis Meis

Relax. Everything is going to turn out just fine. Enjoy your friends and your leisure time.

No worries.

19. tripoli

tripoli Member

Ten years.

It sounds boring, but I wish I would have taught myself how to run a Linux webserver.

20. Biggen

Biggen Banned

Son, the free hat/credit card scam IS NOT worth the bakruptcy you'll be going through in 2007.

Stay away from the pills and powders, stick to the weed and shrooms.

DO NOT choose art as a career. You'll wind up loathing the one thing you love.