male/female (date) forum...remember that?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by 7river, May 19, 2004.

?

hippie date forum?

1. YES! great idea!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. NO! this is not a date site

37 vote(s)
    86.0%
  3. i dont care i have my dog

3 vote(s)
    7.0%
  4. you need another choice?

3 vote(s)
    7.0%
  1. 7river

7river on a distinguished path

i thought it was a great idea.
    i remember a lot of great threads and posts coming out of that forum.

seems there are a lot of single sisters and single brothers on hipforums that are looking for love...why not a date forum again?

what do you think?

(naysayers/moderators please do not direct me to suggestions forum...i want the opinion of those on this forum)

2. kier

kier I R Baboon

hmmmm, it could be a bit dangerous

3. 7river

dangerous in a good way or a bad way?

as i said, hipforums had one in the past...right up until about 6 months ago.
    it was a very active and positive forum:)
    actually that is what atracted me to the site back around '00, but then it was more of a bulletin board.

4. kier

kier I R Baboon

dangerous in a bad way, there are some twisted people out there, and actualy going on the web to seek for a partner isn't my cup of tea, though i can understand how friendships develop so yeah :p

5. TerminalMadness

TerminalMadness Member

Well, this ain't a date site, but I'd be into it to make friends, though. I'm always up for making friends. Besides, there are some hot chicks on this board; but I'd like to make friends with guys and keep in contact, y'know. Seems if-fy in the long run, but I'm kind of skeptical. But hey, if you do that, I'll interact, it's cool.

6. HoneySuckleBlue

HoneySuckleBlue Cosmic Artist

I remember the personals forum and it was a good thing, the weirdos got weeded out, we take care of each other here.

7. poor_old_dad

poor_old_dad Senior Member

Or maybe just some sort of meet people forum. If dating happens, good. If friendships are made, good. A lot of older hippies (me, for instance) are alone and lonely. And I bet a lot of us live near similar others but don't know it. I think having a few forums of this type divided by age group and/or location would help too.

8. 7river

yes there was lots of same sex friendships...you just post a little about yourself what your looking for and where you are...it was a great place to find like minds close by.:)

9. TerminalMadness

TerminalMadness Member

They should start that. I'd like to make friends or something. If something else happened, then so be it. It'd be kick ass.

10. charredacacia

charredacacia Member

i said yes just a second ago, but i think i changed my mind. I dont need to be rejected more. I dont need more heartbreak. I need to just realize that love is a myth, and that I am not destined to be part of any fairytale.

11. kier

kier I R Baboon

sweetey!!! don't feel so down *hugs*

my heart's being torn, and i've just broken a girls heart...but you WILL love again!!!

love is not a myth, love is what you make it. sometimes you will love someone, and sometimes people will love you. occasionaly these will meet....grasp it.

don't feel down, please smile :)

12. 7river

love is not a myth and there is love out their for you. sometimes it is hard to find your match and that is exactly why i think the date forum is good.
    everyone we interact with is experience for us...good or bad is all your perception.

i believe the path we have taken since birth has all been prewriten...not to say it cannot be altered for we are the writers and the hero.
    but there are others charredacacia that we write into our story. we create into our reality through every joy, every fall, heartbreak, victory and observation.
    all the good deeds and compassion or lack of. it all creates our storie and leads us to interactions with other souls we allow into our reality.

there are many who are looking for you...you may not know it and they may not know it but the energy is there. you just need to connect and understand if it is not ment to be then it is not ment to be.
    if it is ment to be, then it will be. you will know it.

do not grasp at what you want it to be, just take in the experience of what is presented to you.

there is no doubt that someone is out there to love you and be true to you.
    like you they have experienced joy and pain and walked their path which undeniably leads to you. don't miss them. continue to simply experience...not grasp.

be true

13. poor_old_dad

Very true, but most of my best friends (just pals) have been female.

14. 7river

xsoflux suggested i make it a personal forum first. then if it goes well they would consider a regular forum.

i have wanted to make a single parent forum as well, so i was thinking of tying them together

"unofficial hip date and single parent forum"

think that would work?

15. poor_old_dad

think that would work? I don't know but it's worth a try. I'm a single parent who hasn't been on a "date" since 1988.

16. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

HOLY cow poor old daddy. you dont feel worry for yourself do you?;)
    j/k!!!
    you know........i feel sorry for people who have let pain keep them from pressing forward. you gotta get through the storms to get to the rainbows. and there is a rainbow for each of us. you just gotta put yourself out there.

17. Casperthesheet

Casperthesheet Member

I'm all for it! I think that it was a great idea and was sad to see it go. Finding people on the web is alright but just proceed with caution.

Casper

18. Manolao

Manolao Member

I do not think is a good idea...

firstly.. there are already sooooooooooo many ways to get in closer contact with people... there are already several board for that.. like member photos and introduce yourself... and the galleries too...

I do not see the purpose to add a dating-stuff to the site... I am afraid then the community will see the arrival of a bunch of new people, which are really little related with our hippie-soul and just wanna take part in the dating-system.. this is weird and I hope it won't happen...

19. dhs

dhs Senior Member

I thought it was a great forum. I've heard of many people on this site getting together and some even getting married. Any outlet to mingle with another soul is a good outlet, whether it is for the purpose of friendship or more. Hopefully Skip takes notice.

20. TreeHuggerJenn

TreeHuggerJenn Member

Hello everyone, I'm new, but I'd just like to say I think it's a good idea as a way to meet people (friends,partners,whatever). I hope to get the hang of this and get to know some of you soon