making LSD

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by Platinum_twf, May 11, 2004.

1. Platinum_twf

Platinum_twf Member

is it posable for me to make LSD, if it is how??

2. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

You, no. Go to college. Your living a pipedream otherwise

3. mixmaster

mixmaster Member

Dear Platinum,

In a word, NO. You are talking about a compound that is very, no extremely hard to produce, even under the correct conditions, and requires a thorough knowledge of O-Chem, lab procedures, etc...Not your one-pot-shot deal either...this stuff takes up to a week to produce, and the slightest deviation from the established procedure will ruin the batch-a very fragile molecule. Go to college, get your degree, do post-grad work, and maybe you'll pull it off. Not at sixteen, Einstein.

4. gnrm23

gnrm23 Senior Member

there are internet summaries (rhodium's chem site, & TIHKAL online, the hive) as well as printed books - everthing from michael valentine smith's _pshychedelic chemistry_ & strike & uncle fester, to shankar's _comlpete lsd synthesis_ ---some from specialtry booksellers, & some at university libraries...

part of the difficulty comes from developing the chops to know how to do some serious labwork (and finding a safe place to set up a serious lab safely!); & part of the difficulty is that a few of the precursors & reagents are seriously watched by the authorities...

augustus stanley owsley III (bear) did not have a college education in chemistry, but he did have some excellent coaching in the neccessary methodology from some college prof types...

there are many chemicals of possible interest that are much easier to synth (or even extract from plants or fungi)

5. EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp Green Secessionist

In addition, Owsley reportedly also had a genius-level IQ, and a photographic memory for detail. He was also working in a time period before chemical "watch lists" and "clandestine lab task forces". You could walk into a chemical supplier and buy anything you wanted with no questions asked. Don't try that today....:)

6. madboy139

madboy139 Member

and at the time owsley was making the shit, he could legally buy excellent precursors to make the reaction much easier.

7. nesta

nesta Banned

don't listen to the other folks, it is entirely possible for you to make LSD, just extremely unlikely. you'll need a rather strong chemistry curriculum in college and you'll need to find a black market source for things like large quantities of ergot or manage to get around the regulations on getting the pure chemicals you need....then you still need a place for a lab, and all your equipment...

it would be hard as fuck, of course, but still entirely possible.......

8. DrDooblittle

DrDooblittle Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

godspeed, man

maybe one day we'll all be eatin blotter hits with ur face on it!

9. dotadave

dotadave Member

Not to mention the danger of getting the reagents since all of them are closely monitored by the federal pigs and the danger of him being stupid and blowing something up or contaminating something.

10. WhosGotTheHerb

WhosGotTheHerb Member

Why does it have to be so hard :(

I was told by my brother that it takes soo much overall knowledge of chemisty and lab skills to produce LSD... I guess thats part of the reason its not that common(Around me anyway).

11. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

itll be tough, but you can do it.

dont give up, i need some doses :p

12. vintage soul

vintage soul Member

you wouldnt believe it but its actually easy to make lsd here are the steps that are used to make it

1st. you have to get some banana peels and dry them up and smoke them in a bowl
    2nd take the resin from them bowl and melt it
    3rd take the melted banana peels(that are more potent now) and mix them with some gasoline
    4th get some cow manure (if shrooms can grow on it then it must have something good in it) about 2 cups and whipped it up in a blender until it feels like a whipped creme
    5th take the whipped cow poop and get 2 bottles of corcedin (max strength cold and cough kind) and blend them together until they are a liquid
    6th take the mixture of banana peels and gas and cough syrup and cow poop and mix them together for about five mins
    7th after its all mixed up you will have to get some nutmeg and sprinkle about a tablespoon in it
    8th mix it one last time and BAM theres you acid for ya

13. dotadave

dotadave Member

[​IMG]

14. eat_some_LSD

eat_some_LSD Senior Member

*rotf @ bananas*

The recipe for LSD is widely-available, however, it would be required that you have the most intense course of study under pharmacology and chemistry, that you'd have to have access to extremely valuable connections in Fortune 500, and the fact that your parents probably wouldn't be too obliged to let you mass-produce Schedule I substances in your basement.

In short, if you'd like to learn how to make LSD, take about 12 years of University-level chemistry and pharmacology, then use up approximately another 15-20 years earning contacts in the industry to gain supplies. ;)

However, if you feel the "mad-scientist itch", check out some of the more simple extractions on Erowid and Lycaeum, which will help you better your understanding for basic chemistry. ;)

15. Marley-Sunshine

Marley-Sunshine Member

I really, really hope you're joking.

If not, well, then, we won't even get into that.

I'll just agree with stilanas.

16. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

ok... lets get serious... If somehow (uhh because my dog grows shrooms and pot) I get $100,000 to set up a lab, and I took a few basic college level chemisty coruses what would I really need to learn to make LSD? I know the hive is a great resource for novel ways to obtain precursors... How difficult would it really be if you were serious? What chem books should I get? Do I really have to major in chem to be able to even think of making acid?

17. eat_some_LSD

eat_some_LSD Senior Member

Re-read my post.

kthx.

18. EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp Green Secessionist

In addition to general O-chem lab skills, LSD production calls for the ability to work under inert atmospheres and restricted lighting. The purification stages will require working knowledge of large-scale column chromatography.

Due to the unusual potency of LSD, special handling precautions need to be taken, or you might find yourself tripping out before you are finished with the process. :) And given the serious toxicity of some of the precursors, precautions such as a glovebox (or a fume hood at a minimum) would be a good idea.

19. ericf

ericf Member

Yes, I think that's what everyone misunderstands about the advanced organic chem. comment. It isn't just the knowledge but the practice. Anyone can read the instructions but very few are going to have the lab discipline to actually follow them. It takes a lot of time in the lab to really become confident that you will get things right the first time. And you can't afford to accidently dose yourself during some of these steps.

20. madboy139

madboy139 Member

why does everyone have to post this question?