Majority of People would allow warrent-less spying anyways

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by AmericanTerrorist, Jun 11, 2013.

1. cynthy160

cynthy160 Senior Member

Picking off credit card numbers and other info.

2. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

I have just returned and will read what has been said throughout this thread in a little bit but wanted to first comment on these things that I saw when I quickly scanned the thread...

I did not think you were being naïve. (wasn't quite sure if were baiting me... lol... but didn't think so either really)... it is good to ask questions about things and you are asking the RIGHT QUESTIONS. (is this right? who should care? what should be done? etc.) :)

True that!

Well, that made me smile. :sunny:

(okay scratcho and others...read the rest of thread and have no further comments... well, except to meli that I agree w your post... anyways if you want to continue discussion when ever you're around scratcho, or who ever, I will check back) :)

ps- did anyone hear anything about how they are considering charging someone from the guardian who broke the story? I just saw a blurb on the tv- didn't hear anything further yet.

3. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

I would never "pick off credit card numbers "
    I did build this pre scaler , it was a down converter 800- 900 Mhz down to 400-500 Mhz it was so you could listen to police , fire on 800 mhz with the 400 mhz scanners , but it would pick up cell calls . Scanners covering 800- 1300 Mhz have the cell ferq. blocked out .

4. odonII

odonII O

Well, I was referring to the documents that had already been published, but I could not find. I found them now. They are slides not documents as such. Awful at that. Amateur hour.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/06/us-tech-giants-nsa-data

But, yeah, It would be nice to see the other slides that were not published (bizarrely because of government advice).