Maine?

Discussion in 'Massachusetts' started by Retro_Angel, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Retro_Angel

Retro_Angel Member

Wow. I was just looking around the forum.. and I was wondering,
    am I the only person from Maine on this forum?

Surely, I'm not the only one that's been to Maine... all of our tourists during the summer seem to come from Conneticut or Jersey. (Both of which need to learn how to drive.)

I've mentioned our annual 'Hempstock' festival in an earlier post... no one's even been to that? Really!?

Boy, I guess maybe I do live out in the middle of nowhere.

2. Olympic-Bullshitter

Olympic-Bullshitter Banned

Take the ferry to Acadia on Mount Desert Island; this is New England's only national park. Dawdle in Midcoast's cheery seaside villages: charter a sailboat in Camden or venture from Damariscotia to view the legendary scenery of Pemaquid Point. Join up with one of Maine's many wilderness guides for canoeing, fishing and hunting in Maine's wild North Woods.www.northernforestcanoetrail.org

3. stevedavejesus

stevedavejesus Member

im not from maine but i watched an episode of trailer park boys, and they smuggled bud into maine.

4. KL71

KL71 Yanks since '81/Fins since '83 :)

I'm a native of Connecticut and I visit Portland on occasion. However, I'm usually on the bus when heading that way. I've seen some bad drivers in Boston while heading up north, so does that count? Also, I'm a former two-time resident of Paul LePage's kingdom. Both stays were in York County: Wells and Old Orchard Beach.

5. tweek

tweek Guest

there is a cuple ppl from maine on here. im in maine right now.haha

6. CrannMann

CrannMann Member

I grew up in the northern maine woods and now live in the southern part of the state. Love this place

7. Olympic-Bullshitter

Olympic-Bullshitter Banned

At a waterfront table at the Clam Shack in Kennebunkport.

8. Dandee42

Dandee42 Member

Your not the only one I'm from maine

9. bluEyedbeauty

bluEyedbeauty Guest

Im from maine! I have also been to the farm on the hill :) you are not alone :)

10. KL71

KL71 Yanks since '81/Fins since '83 :)

:bigcry: I so wish I could get at least one visit up there this year! I haven't been up there in almost 1.5 years now.

11. winme-guy

winme-guy Guest

So, there are other mainiacs here. Good to know

12. island hippie

island hippie Guest

I have a camp in ME and visit year round - LOVE it!

13. Highwayman

Highwayman Member

I love how a thread about Maine was created in the Massachusetts section. That fits perfectly with us. I am posting this for an elderly hippie who does not own a computer or have email (I thought I was cool for not using myspace or FB). Anyway he has this 10 acre land up in Solon, Maine that was previously used by individuals & groups back in the 90s. There is direct river access with rafting & tubing. He & I both live in Massachusetts but are keen on getting this place active again as a communal summer camp/ alternative community. John (the land owner) has attended a few Rainbow gatherings, followed the dead etc. I myself am more punk :punk: than hippy :daisy: but dont worry we welcome almost all who have good attitudes or atleast good intentions. Please no yuppies, lol. I have been burning in Black Rock City for a few years, traveled the US/CA by hitchhiking & riding the rails including stopping in on a few rainbow gatherings. I dont participate in voting or politics, I dont vote, pay taxes or do the census. Neither John or I drive cars or have drivers licenses. I ride a bicycle & have for the last 15 years. We want others to come up & use this space. If others from Mass were coming & going & willing to give a ride to Boston here or there then that would be awesome. I do have an apt in New Bedford but can get to Boston fairly easily, John has an apt in Natick & also can get to Boston. Rideshares are great & ideally we can get you & all of your friends to come & go frequently. We wont be there all of the time but anticipate a revolving community while people transition back & forth from babylon.

There is no electricity there but if you have a small generator, bring it. There is an outhouse there :toilet: We want participants that will respect the land, contribute to the camps success while respecting each other. This camp is children & family friendly. We envision a return to it hayday when upwards of 40-50 campers would spend long weekends. Potentially more if the right mix of people could get together to build a longterm communal cabin on the existing pad site. For now just bring yourself! your sleeping bag, tent,yurt, rv, camper, trailer folding chair, hulahoop, frisbee, hackysack, bathing suit, musical instraments, bicycle or whatever. Just come & make this place work.

We are hoping that others may read this & have no plans for this 4th of july[​IMG] & come visit with us. Stay as long as you want or until the snow starts to fall. We expect to have communal meals & cooking/cleanup duties.

This can be so much more than a party space. I personally am completely sober but to each his own. Please come camp, cook, eat, drink or smoke or what ever you are into. No hard drugs, please.

All though there is no fees to participate we expect everyone to contribute both supplies & effort into making this a rad place. Perhaps at the end of the season we can pass the magic hat to help John pay the taxes on this land (give if you can). Everyone can come & participate, perhaps you can bring some food, fun,art, story telling or music playing. I myself am more of a logistics guy who is good at scavenging & getting free stuff online & elsewhere. Others are good at cooking or can bring grocery items. The goal is to have a good time away from commerce while meeting new friends.

Please come participate.

Kevin
    617-388-7622 dancingetard@aol.com
    https://squattheplanet.com/threads/private-camp-in-solon-maine-seeking-quality-visitors-for-utopian-communal-summer-camp.23475/

14. Reverand JC

Reverand JC Willy Fuckin' Wonka

Usually I don't come into this part of the forum but even though I live in Berkeley now I grew up in the Bath, Brunswick area.

C/S,
    Rev J