Maine Regional in August, looking for Bear Necessities

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by alohathelion, Jul 16, 2010.

1. alohathelion

alohathelion Guest

ALOHA
    I'm up in Maine, headed here after the Nationals for a Regional to be in the White Mountains National Forrest. I came flying on Rumor, and then found a post on Welcomehere.org by a brother Named Baloo Bear of Bear Necesities Kitchen - saying there'd be a holding camp, etc, all in the Stoneham area.
    SOOOO.... my point is, I haven't been able to find this brother, and he isn't responding to the the ID he used to post on welcomehere. I'm trying to figure out if anybelly knows this bro, if he's okay, stranded, etc.
    It seems he's listed a buncha ways as florida family, and so I wonder why he's in Maine ( course, I'm Washington, what am I doing in Maine? )
    Anyways, much love , looking for Balloo Bear,
    of the tribe of all people who care
    WORD

2. WanderingturnupII

WanderingturnupII Grouchy Old Fart

There's your problem. I have known that site to be inaccurate at best, and deliberately misinformative at worst. Triple & quintuple check anything you read there before heading off into the wilderness.

*The other problem is that August isn't for another 6 weeks.*
    (This is what happens when I try to operate complicated equipment while insufficiently caffeineated & stoned. Of course it will be August in a couple weeks)
    I did read on FB that Iris kitchen is headed that way, but if the gathering isn't till August, I wouldn't expect them till late next month.
    (Now that I'm out of my time warp, make that next week sometime)

3. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

Hello All,

Welcomehere.org events calendar has a Maine Regional listed for the 5th-18th of August, but the directions did not come as promised. The latest rumor is that baloo bear had technical problems posting, and this is the cause for the hold up.

According to alohathelion, this is the info:

Take Route 5 out of Lovell, NH
    Left Turn on West Stoneham Road.
    Right Turn on Hut Road.
    Right at the orange barrell , go to the dead end of the road. Welcome Home!
    for any info, you can email baloo at baloobear55@yahoo.com.

So all of this is just what I found on the web and I'm reposting here, so I don't make any claims.

Hope this helps

: )

4. WanderingturnupII

WanderingturnupII Grouchy Old Fart

from private email:

5. rainbowdave

rainbowdave Member

If anyone is going up to maine and heading by the boston mass area ,please get me a ride home.I am an elder and disabled but i have green energy and good stories to tell.Its Rainbow Dave and anyone can call me day or night at 1-781-467-8847.If I don't answer please kindly leave message.LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH BEAUTIFULL FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

Went to this gathering. It's strange, but I thought of something that might be very helpful to a family member who I met here named Nikki. Hoping to pass on some info.