magic mushrooms outside?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by Dube, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Dube

Dube Member

i want to grow a mushroom that can grow on wood/cardboard. i also dont want to do a lot of sterilizing. is this possible? im probably gunna use a syringe. i live in a topical climate if this makes a difference. i would idealy like to do this outdoors from start to finish.

Thanks in advance!

2. Dube

Dube Member

No one?

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

if you live in a tropical climate.. then why you cant find any active species? ..... Have you even looked?.

you cant just grow them like that., It takes time for the spore to colonize to mycelium .. then fruit..

if you dont want to do all the work. Just buy grain bags from the edible mushroom vendors, a spore from the magic people and put them together..

4. Grainpsilo

Grainpsilo Member

Psilocybe azurescens and Psilocybe cyanescens can be grown outdoors on wood chips and require less sterilization techniques then P. cubensis grown indoors but require temperatures as low at 50F to initiate pinning.

If you live in a tropical region then this is the time of the year to go out and find wild ones (monsoon season). I just got back from a mushroom hunting expedition in India and Sri Lanka and found a assload of Pan. Cyans.

5. Pj420

Pj420 Guest

Grainpsilo can you please pm me about the places in Sri Lanka that you found pan.cyans?

6. Grainpsilo

Grainpsilo Member

Your privacy settings do not allow PMs.

I found P. cubensis in the elephant sanctuary in Kandy and Pan cyan everywhere there were cows from Columbo to Unawatuna (especially inland around Galle)

7. Pj420

Pj420 Guest

I cannot seem to figure this out, because I have allowed user messaging in options.

What time of year did you go hunting? How did you travel from Colombo to Unawatuna?

I live in Colombo, it is raining a little here and there right now, any advice?

8. Grainpsilo

Grainpsilo Member

June-July (monsoon season)

Rented a car and slowly worked my way down the coasr

9. Pj420

Pj420 Guest

Sweet, and locations are by the coast itself? Or did U go I lands from the coastal rd?

Do you think I'll have luck sometime now, it does rain a bit!

10. Grainpsilo

Grainpsilo Member

Go a bit inland and go to where there are cows.

Pan cyans like to grow in tallish grass on well manured ground but rarely directly on piles of manure.

11. Pj420

Pj420 Guest

Thank you, I will try my luck this weekend andb let you know, its raining crazy now!

12. Grainpsilo

Grainpsilo Member

Good to hear

I love Sri Lanka. I would love to see the less traveled areas on the east coast but it is so difficult to get there by plane and takes forever by car.

I am about a five hour flight away from Columbo.

13. Pj420

Pj420 Guest

Ahh that is really cool! You let me know if you plan to come, I will take you around! The east side is less explored and frankly I have only been that side with parents, I have been itching to explore Sri Lanka, I was away from my country in London for education and in India working. Im here back in Lanka aftr 7 plus years and feels great! I have backpacked in many places, hunted in a few jungles, but my own land its always been beach trips as U aleready know or trips to the hills. Im going to love exploring Sri Lanka, I will sure share my stories with you:)

14. Pj420

Pj420 Guest

Hi grainpsilo,

Im going on the hunt. tomorrow, any tips in spotting them? I'm taking buses, should i go straight to galle and go inlands, will i have luck if i try places on the way? Anything else i need to know?,
    Pls help!

1 person likes this.
  15. sookiri

sookiri Guest

HI 420 randomly bummped into this post..while doing some research on C.cubensis in sri lanka..
    just returned home after a good 11 year absence,
    lemme know how the hunt goes.im quite interested in finding some..(im off to horana tomorrow morning where tons of cows roam around freely and if the weather is right ) anyways good luck sir

1 person likes this.
  16. Change007

Change007 Members

Hi 420.. what happened with your hunt?

17. bonchi.carrot

bonchi.carrot Members

Guys I've been looking for mushroom hunters in Sri Lanka since forever, are you guys still active?

18. bonchi.carrot

bonchi.carrot Members

Found these growing in elephant dung while I was at Kumana national park. Can anyone tell me anything about them?

Attached Files:

19. bonchi.carrot

bonchi.carrot Members

Attached Files:

20. bonchi.carrot

bonchi.carrot Members

Attached Files: