Magic Mike Xxl

Discussion in 'New Movies' started by Shale, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Shale

Shale ~

Magic Mike XXL
    Movie Blurb by Shale
    July 3, 2015

This is the sequel to the 2012 movie:

Shale's Blurb - Magic Mike June 29, 2012
    http://www.hipforums.com/forum/topic/427162-magic-mike/

I suppose my opening comments remain the same:

"I have been anticipating this movie for some time and def had to see it on opening day. A lot of women on forum boards and IRL said they wanted to see this flick as well, for mainly the same reason that I wanted - Hot Guys Stripping."

This time I will actually be seeing it with a female friend, "Publix Girl" whom I met at the supermarket 2 years ago, discovered our mutual love of movies and we have been discussing movies and other things online ever since. She has free tickets to this movie and invited me along. Maybe we can compare notes as to how it compares to the original.

[​IMG]

This story comes in real time, three years after the original. "Magic" Mike Lane (Channing Tatum) is building his furniture business in Tampa and the rest of the former Kings of Tampa have gone their separate ways to make a living. Dallas (Matthew McConaughey), Adam (Alex Pettyfer) & Brooke (Cody Horn) from the original movie are out of the picture.

Mike is called by the other dancers and when he meets with them finds out they are planning to do one more bash at a Male Stripper Contest in Myrtle Beach before retiring completely from the business. The crew is Big Dick Richie (Joe Manganiello), Ken (Matt Bomer), Tarzan (Kevin Nash) Tito (Adam Rodríguez). And of course Magic Mike has to put his business on hold and join his old friends.

In effect, instead of a movie about strippers in a club in Tampa and their personal lives around that, this is a Road Trip movie of a bunch of well built guys going up the coast in a Food Truck owned by Tobias (Gabriel Iglesias).

Road Trip Food Truck
    [​IMG]

They have stops along the way in Jacksonville and Savannah, where Mike and Tito have old friends to meet up with but where all the charming guys get in on the action of fulfilling lonely ladies fantasies (and occasional reality).

Also along the way they throw out all their old stripper routines, no more cowboys, cops, soldiers, firemen or sailors. Each puts together a routine that they choose from their personality instead of the ones assigned by Dallas at the club.

All Guys on Stage With New Act
    [​IMG]

I liked the dance routines in this movie more than in the last. Some were quite innovative like a Mirror Dance with two dancers on either side of a frame doing the same moves in reverse. It really gave an illusion of a mirror on some shots.

My movie companion said, "I enjoyed the gorgeous beauty of the guys, their raw dance sequences and serenading. I saw the movie twice so far and I learned that strippers can be 'healers' LOL."

Yes, along with his personal seductive dance routine Ken sings. Who knew. And, about that seductive, dirty dancing - this movie has it in spades with suggestive movements and faces in crotches. Channing Tatum still has some moves and his dance numbers from the first one, alone in his workshop getting suggestive with an electric drill to the later very erotic one-on-one (sometime two or three) with ladies were entertaining and a bit exciting to watch. Not only women get turned on by that stuff.

Magic Mike Dancing
    [​IMG]

The aggregate critics on Rotten Tomatoes give this movie a 62% Fresh but 76% of audiences liked it. While the first movie was more linear in its story, this one jumps about, being a road trip with ppl met along the way, but this one is not as heavy with the drugs, violence and sleazy dealings of the first. Much lighter and more fun.

Attached Files:

2. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

me and my sister can't wait to see this movie. she has been busy with work and the kids so I hope tomorrow or this week we can go

3. shoeless joe

shoeless joe Member

I'm a straight guy but I actually thought this movie was pretty entertaining. It was better than I thought it was going to be.

4. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

I liked the first one better but I still liked the second one

5. jessyha

jessyha Members

I agree, the first one ws really good :)

6. OgDiva_Status

OgDiva_Status Banned

Idk when but here in watertown ny we have male dancers coming to savory restaurant. I so wanna go. Would love to see them perform.