Mad TV

Discussion in 'TV' started by DarkLunacy, May 29, 2004.

1. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Anyone else find Mad TV to be an SNL rip with lower budget and crappy actors? I like to think of it as the White Trash SNL

2. nightwanderer

nightwanderer Member

No, I dont. In my opinion Mad TV was better than SNL for quite a few years in the 90's. But I do think the show has gone downhill since most of the regulars are gone. They most liekly have different writers though if the show isnt good. Theyve always had great people on the show since it first started.

3. QuinntheMightyEskimo

QuinntheMightyEskimo Member

yah, it used to be good, but i also think that snl is losing some of their spice as well

4. pandiebeer

pandiebeer Member

My experience with those shows was one night I was so stoned and there was this episode on and I have no idea if it was Mad TV or SNL but it was a Halloween skit (I think) and they kept saying Ooky-Shpooky or something. It was the funniest thing I've seen in my life. I always say ooky-shpooky now and my boyfriend (who didn't see it) had no idea what the hell I'm talking about and thinks I made the whole thing up.

5. UTcolorchangn420

UTcolorchangn420 Member

That's pretty much how I see it too. It's like it tries to be too dirty, it just isn't funny to me. I don't really like the new SNL's, but I did enjoy the older ones with Chris Farley, David Spade, Adam Sandler, Dana Carvey, Will Ferrell, and that whole group.

6. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Yeah I agree. The talented sketch artists are all gone. Kelsey Grammer is supposed to be doing one now that Frazier is gone

7. KJ is cool

KJ is cool Member

i hate mad tv.

yes snl is in a slump right now but i would still rather watch it over mad tv.

8. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

Mad TV is higher on my list than SNL....unless it's SNL up to the mid-90's

After mid-90's, SNL turned to shit!

9. tom

tom Member

Mad TV is SNL for retards. Wouldn't mind seeing "In Living Color" brought back on the air. Homey the Clown, Firemarshall Bill, and the dancing black chicks...ah memories.

10. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Has anyone else noticed how the characters are all the same in there too? Example: Will Saso always plays an over the top character who yells and laughs at the same time. And the blond chick always does characters with a stereotypical norther voice and is real sarcastic... God its just so unoriginal and carbon-copied and its dominating Comedy Centrals airwaves. SOOOO irritating.
    (I agree with you though Moon_flower, SNL has gone downhill... very downhill)

11. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

yeah i love snl way more but i watch mad until it comes on. even tho i'm in canada and don't get some of the political crap, i like it better. the actors aren't as annoying as mad tv. but i will admit, stuart (and his mom) and lorraine(god yer cute!) are pretty ri-god-damn-diculously funny. lol.

12. Bohemian_Child

Bohemian_Child Member

mad tv makes my brain hurt

13. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

I miss Phil Hartman...I think it died with him... I can hardly watch SNL anymore, unless I'm sick and my medicine is making me delirious....or it's a rerun. I've never liked Mad TV. It's like dumbed down or something, like it's for people who can't comprehend real humor...not like SNL, but like SNL used to be....

Here's one for the SAT: Mad TV is to SNL as Craig Kilborn is to Conan O'Brien.

Except I gave you the answer. :(

14. missfontella

missfontella Mama of Da Assassins

It was ok in the beginning. "He looka lika ...man"

15. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

lol... Lets not forget how they have to tell you who their impersonating :p

16. maryjaneguitargurl

maryjaneguitargurl I am just like you.

i love mad tv.. HEHEH i love bunifa and stewart and loraine thats funny shit some of the other stuff is dumb

peace
    chickens

17. alice_d_millionaire

alice_d_millionaire Just Do It©

the ony skits i ever liked on mad tv were "java man" and the "UBS guy". i also liked CLOPS, the claymation parody of cops. SNL was great, until this new cast came along. the only funny skits on SNL of late were the "jaret and gobi" skits. but then again, what do i know?

18. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

I have never really been all that into SNL. I would rather watch MAD TV, especially when I'm stoned. Lately, however, even MAD TV has been sorta boring. I wish they would come up with some new shit and stop playing all the damned re-runs! :mad:

19. cherryiceangel

cherryiceangel Member

I love mad tv but I don't usually get to watch it. My favorite character is that old lady (no clue what her name is, but its the same lady that plays Stewarts mom) she cracks me up every time.

The only time I watch SNL is if I like the celebrity host. I will admit that Cheri Oteri(i think) is funny when shes the weird lady that takes all the pills.

*sorry don't watch them enough to know any names, lol*

20. busboy5447

busboy5447 Member

The Mad TV Skits with Will Sasso Playing Kenny Rogers were pretty funny even though they were so incredibley stupid. The Jaret and Gobies skits on SNL are hilarious, Gobie Rocks.