Lying in the Grass. Enjoying the sunshine.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by environmental_junkie, May 18, 2004.

1. environmental_junkie

environmental_junkie Member

Today was wonderful, which is strange to hear me say. After getting a phone call from my local school, after moving back from another province I am told I can not finish this year. So I went to school, worked hard and had no choice but to move and now I might aswell say that my credits are lost, putting me behind, yet another year. :mad:
    So after sitting there extremely frusterated I decided to take a blanket out side, my stereo, my book... and my dog :rolleyes: It was spectacular, the sunshine really made me feel a lot better, the slight breeze and my dog cuddling up beside me, and my cats coming over to show affection.
    I now really understand what it means to be intouch with myself, take everything out and just find a way to be happy and calm...Not to mention that my dog really is my best friend.
    I feel incredible. :D

2. luna99

luna99 Member

awwww! this is such a sweet post.. and it's true! I've discovered that when I'm feeling low or sad, the best thing to cheer me up is to get outside in some way .... either going to the park or the beach or just for a walk and noticing the flowers and stuff..... makes me feel so much better.

thank you for sharing!
    :)

3. environmental_junkie

I am glad you feel the same way I do! I just need to share my little bit of :rolleyes: enlightenment for the day.

4. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Dude... -hugs-

I know exactly what you mean. I just transfered schools as well and they're making me take a final I'm unfamilliar with (next week) and I'm prolly gonna fail and lose credit for the semester. I wish I could just travel the world, taking in nature, loving the sunshine... unfortunatlly capitallism rules the world...
    -hugs again- Much love and luck to you
    Life for your crop

5. wastingthedawn

wastingthedawn *~Pure Light~*

Sunshine rights any wrong...

My mom was at me for some reason the other morning and I was really upset but after an hour or two laying in the sunshine with my guitar, dog, and cat....All was perfect...

THing is all those concerns are driven into us, but laying outside makes you realize that all that really doesn't matter...

Peace&Love

6. Starr

Starr Member

Sunshine is good for the soul. Why do you think people tend to get depressed (or at least cranky) during the winter time? Were all stuck indoors and its cloudier (if thats even a word, lol) in the winter...lack of sunshine.

Thats what Im going to do tomorrow...slather on the 45 sunscreen and lay out in the sun. What a wonderful day!

7. rain_in_summer

rain_in_summer Member

Yay, I'm a "sun worshipper" as well!!
    It's not that warm in May here, but warm enough to go barefoot (for me, some people think I'm crazy but I think they're insane wearing trainers [​IMG]) and to enjoy the sunshine.
    It's proven that sunlight makes us happy, not only by experience, but it contains some vitamin, or at least helps our body to produce it, I think it was vitamin D that makes our body produce "happiness hormons". Nuts also contain that vitamin, that's why it's good to eat lots of nuts in winter against depression. [​IMG] (Don't stone me if that's wrong, only read it somewhere.)

8. brownie

brownie Member

it's true, the sun rocks. as does rain sometimes. 2 days ago my brother, my boyfriend, and four of our friends spent the entire day outside listening to music and playing frisbee. it was one of the best days of my life, i'm glad so many people get to experience the sun.

9. We_All_Shine_On

We_All_Shine_On Senior Member

I totally agree, I've also had moments like that outdoors. I wish there could be thunder and lightning but with the full sun shining, like a sun storm....lol

10. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

I know this isn't as good as your story, but everyday my friends go outside during school to smoke some ciggs. I rarely smoke ciggs, like maybe one every couple of weeks, mainly so I don't turn into my mom. But when they go out, I love going outsde with them just to enjoy the fresh air and sunshine. Last friday we had late arrival, school started at nine instead of seven forty-five, and my friend, jordyn, and I went outside. Even after she smoked we just sat in this field for like an hour. It was really cool. I also love being outside with my plants :).

11. dylanzeppelin

dylanzeppelin daydream believer

i have to agree with everyone who has posted before me.. i think the sunshine really turns a frown unpside down, although that sounds corny, its true. every chance i get, i want to go outside and just lay there and feel remorse after everything that is going on in my head. i feel one with myself in doing something for myself, which is rare. it's one of the best medicine out there..

12. Sus

Sus Hip Forums Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Your post reminds me of the song, "Up on the Roof" by Carole King (she sang it, but the more popular version was a cover by James Taylor)..."On the roof, it's peaceful as can be, and there the world below don't bother me..." Oh yeah... But, I'd take a blanket on the grass in the sunshine over a roof in the city anytime!

13. HippieFlowerGirl67

HippieFlowerGirl67 Banned

I love being outside!

14. environmental_junkie

This post was from ages ago. I'm so glad people are still acknowledging it.... I really do believe that (once I make my fortune) I will just travel the world. Live the way nature intended and do as I please. Although it would be great if I knew someone would wanted to also, we could make it our mission. Any takers? :)

15. FreeBird1969

FreeBird1969 Fleas on their paws.

I miss the sun. :(
    Everything's dead in the Winter here, no snow. Just bitter cold.
    But every once in a while the clouds break and I feel better. :)

16. Nathan11

Nathan11 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Oh my lord.
    I love your sig picture.
    It's wonderful.
    :)

17. environmental_junkie

I was just thinking the same thing. Wonderful pic. Where from?

18. FreeBird1969

FreeBird1969 Fleas on their paws.

Google. I searched for 'Mother Earth'. :)