Lunch

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by BraveSirRubin, Apr 8, 2007.

1. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I felt like cooking myself a feast today... so I did!

The results:

Italian chicken (lots of spices, mostly rosemary, oregano, lemon pepper, and well... a dash of others) slowly cooked in olive oil with a balsamic vinegar glaze. (Best glaze I've ever made, me thinks... just... perfectly sweet and bitter).

The results:

[​IMG]

What did you have for lunch?

2. young_deadhead

young_deadhead I Love Lucy

god that looks good, im about to have left over pizza

3. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

That looks really good! I just made sandwiches here for lunch today, but I made a pretty sweet breakfast. A casserole with eggs, cheese, and turkey bacon, and also hashbrowns on the side and orange juice.

4. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

I'll be right over... when's lunch?

5. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Looks good.....

Um I went to an easter buffet with my husband, brother and mom... had a salad, cream of crab soup, roast beef, ham, turkey, fish, green beans, yams, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, stuffing, and cherry pie.

I think I'm going to explode!

6. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

That looks yumyum. :D

I went out for sunday roast, still too full to even think about dinner, ugh.

7. texasmade3

texasmade3 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

pop a few buttons did we?

8. Justagrrl420

Justagrrl420 Member

umm..i had brunch..which consisted of me walking half way across campus..and getting stale bagels with water..now i'm fixin' some oatmeal..

9. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Practically.

Man... I think they put a sedative in my food too. haha.

10. hiro

hiro pursue it

I'd eat the chicken and nothing else.

Maybe I would eat the clementines....

I ate a bagel with cream cheese. I really hope the cream cheese isn't bad, I looked at the date on it but it looked like it said May, eh. My roommate made spaghetti but wasn't feeling it.

11. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Chicken good!

Stop over for lunch tomorrow, I love cooking for people, inspires me to cook better.

12. alex714

alex714 To the Left

That is really funny...taking a pic of your lunch. Such an extravagent one as well. I had coffee and a piece of cake. Okay, 2.

13. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Well, the whole point of this thread was to show my chicken off :D

14. logicalway

logicalway Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I'm in London for a few days and I actually had a friggin' hotdog....from a stand in Hyde Park.

Boring!

15. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

ok, lets see - started around 1pm...started off with kielbasa with some honey mustard sauce and then some pretzels with a spicy hot dip before the main meal was ready...

then, once the meal was ready and all set up to be eaten:

couple slices of the following: lamb, prime rib witha delicoius sauce, and ham with pineapple. all 3 meats were cooked so delciously. prime rib just so juicy and tender. lamb was great

some baked and steamed brussel sprouts. lasagna, summer squash casserole, corn, mashed potatoes and ended with fruit salad.

i took a break for a bit from eating...then for dessert - had a piece of lemon meringue pie and a canoli.

yea, that was my easter lunch/dinner.

i just had some leftovers...hahaha

16. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Wow. You ate as much as I did! Yesterday we had a big turkey dinner at Sallie's house.... and I had leftovers of that last night. Jen gave us some trout her friend caught so I'm soon gonna make that (actually getting hungry again)

17. fitzy21

my friends family kept hounding me to take leftovers hahaha

i have all these desserts left now...a couple canolis, some brownies, cookies, chocolate bunnies i got for easter haha

18. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Ahahaha... I made a thread in my forum about how I still get an easter basket. :D So I have a solid chocolate bunny, other chocolate,... we got key lime pie, fudge, and bunny cookies... plus other homemade easter candy. That all came from my inlaws (except the stuff in the basket) so I had to pawn some of that shit off on my mom. I can't be eating all that food... I'll never lose more weight.

Fudge was good though.... I sat around last night watching True Romance and nibbling on fudge. mmmm...

19. fitzy21

i have easter stuff at home too hahaha

my dad was like - i dont' know if your easter basket will last haha

20. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

I think i gained 10 pounds today ):. I went to brunch with my family and drank mad amounts because they had help yourself stations with vodka, mixers/juice and champagne. I ate waffles and seafood. My grandma has been on South Beach since October and is starting to look a little emaciated. I think my grandpa is trying to fatten her up because lately he's just wanted to eat and drink with the family. I'm not complaining.