LSD or NBOME?

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by Jimi2007, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Jimi2007

Jimi2007 Member

Hi, I just tried LSD for the first time, but now I've read a lot about how NBOME is passed off as LSD, and I just wanted to ask if there's any reliable way to tell the difference? The biggest thing that worried me is that is was bitter, which a lot of people said would indicate NBOME, however, I've heard from a lot of people LSD blotter can be bitter as well. The bitterness was not very strong, I heard from some that NBOME has such a horrible bitterness that it's hard to keep in, but for me this wasn't the case. It was a mild bitterness that obviously wasn't great to have in my mouth, but it wasn't at all uncomfortable or too unpleasant.

I was also wondering if the trip could have any indication? I took two and a half hits. I felt the effects within 20 minutes, and the peak was around 2-4 hours in. I dropped at 2, and the effects were very diminished by about 8, but I still felt at least a slight high until I went to bed around 1 in the morning. The visuals were VERY wavy, as if the outline of everything had turned into snakes, and the pattern on my hardwood floors made it look like it was flowing like a wooden river. Nature was INANELY pretty, and all colors were very intense, and time was pretty much meaningless... two hours could have passed and I could have SWORN it had been like 5 hours. Also, I tripped with my GF and I felt a REALLY strong emotional connection to her, and the sex we had was amazing mostly for this reason.

Again, I don't know if this is enough info to tell for sure, but based on this can anyone tell if I got the real thing or not?

2. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Disclaimer: I have never had nbome.

But I've never had LSD that was really tasteless. It generally tastes about like you'd expect a notecard with writing on it to taste.

nbome should be very bitter, but, just how bitter and/or nasty tasting, I've had a hard time determining. I imagine it to be much nicer than chewing up a tylenol, but as still tasting nasty, while LSD itself will generally not taste much worse than any other paper. It should also have a numbing sensation, and swishing water around should just spread it, and increase the area you feel that sensation in.

Your effects are on with LSD, but at the same time, depending on HOW you felt and saw those things, it could be either, because all of that could happen with just about any psychedelic. It's usually easier to explain what psychedelics have in common, than what they don't.

I'd be inclined to think you had LSD, but it's also possible there was a lesser dose of nbome, that you didn't taste as much. Did you swallow it right away, or hold it in your mouth? nbome allegedly doesn't work if you swallow it (not sure how much has been done to determine exactly what happens), whereas LSD can be swallowed right away.

FYI, as far as the effect of water on the taste goes, never drink chlorinated water for a while before or after taking LSD, chlorine is the mortal enemy of LSD, and breaks it down very quickly. Not like you should be dehydrated, but you shouldn't wash it down with water.

You're in nevada, which I would imagine to have really good shit, but also be the capital of bunk shit....

3. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

The only part that threw me off was how you said effects started in 20 minutes, though I guess it's debatable between people what qualifies as the start

2-8, only 6 hours!!? Sounds suspicious

Very wavy visuals, lots of synths are known to be heavier in visuals when compared to acid

I also haven't taken a nbome, so I can't comment on taste. I like that relation to a metallic coin taste, that is a normal amount of bitter

4. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

I agree with you about taste, but....

I could be talking about some other LSX, of course, but I personally have experienced onset it about fifteen minutes. Things don't feel right, there's a mental breathlessness, a speedy feeling, that manner of thing. Gets heavy at around 45 minutes, and is really a trip at 60-90 minutes. And I have had acid down to no real visuals in 6 hours, gone in 8-9. Granted, that was mystery WoW, and it was just around the time that nbome got started, but looong before it started showing up as anything but a complete oddity, or started coming on paper, or anything like that. I've also had stuff since then that was known to be at least LSX, that lasted for over 12 hours, in those waves of psychedelia... but I think that was dose, set, setting, etc.

What I'm getting at is, I don't see the time as off, really.

5. kokujin

kokujin Senior Member

you explain an amazing trip and wonder to call it anything else? Sounds like good clean fast acid to me.

6. Sleeping Caterpillar

I guess I can relate to feeling the effects soon, kind of like a familiar electric like anticipation that feels slightly abnormal to before you dropped. Still can't relate to a 6 hour trip though, even on 1 hit.

Apparently though, there are people who have more of a resistance to LSD, not an immunity of course. But LSD can and does produce different effects

Sounds like you had a descent trip anyways though OP

7. Jimi2007

Jimi2007 Member

I did have an amazing trip, so it's not like it's that bad, I just wanted to know so I know not to buy from this guy because LSD is rare around here and I paid fairly more than the average price for LSD, so if was indeed something else then I WAAAAAAAY overpaid.

And just to clarify, it didn't just last six hours. The really intense crazy part lasted about that long, but even after that I still had plenty of light visuals (like things would still wave/breathe, and even several hours into the comedown things still looked a little wavy). Really, for that reason, it's hard to say how long the actual "trip" was, but like I said, I felt at least SOME effects until I went to bed, which was 11 hours after dropping.

Also, is tolerance with NBOMEs similar to LSD? Since LSD is rare I bought quite a few hits of this stuff, so I've been experimenting the last month. About a month ago I tried one hit and had a pretty good first trip, then two days later I doubled the dose and found that people warning me not to do that were right, because even though doubling the dose got me to ABOUT where I was before, it was just plain not as intense. So, I can say for certain that tolerance with the stuff I have is similar to LSD, but I can't seem to find any reliable information on whether or not NBOMEs are the same way or not...

8. Sleeping Caterpillar

Most psychedelics function in the brain similarily. Not identically, but yes that's how and part of the reason why drugs are split into categories. Psychs use serotonin receptors as opposed to increasing dopamaine levels or activating cannabanoid receptors for example. Of course some drugs cross over, but their primary effect is what categorizes them.

I don't have any experience with NOBMEs, so I can't comment on its tolerance effect, but acid certainly has a strong tolerence build up

With that extra information, it sounds much more like LSD, and I agree it's hard to identify when a trip is done (if you can sleep, that's pretty much the golden indication!)

9. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Regardless of intensity, the experience will mean less. It takes about a week for tolerance to be normal again, and more than that for the same levels of profoundness.

Psychedelics generally all have "cross-tolerance". Many drugs do, even ones that act on different systems in your brain. It's not that you can't take LSD twice in a week, it's that you can't trip more than once a week.

10. eatlysergicacid

eatlysergicacid Creep in a T-Shirt

I vote real LSD on this one. No numbing. Quick come up is definitely not uncommon IME with acid. Felt effects until ~+11.

All signs point to LSD.

The Hoffman blotters I got recently were very bitter, but no numbing and all other signs pointed to LSD. Also the bitterness still didn't really compare to the bitterness of nbome, and the taste didn't spread, which is another key indicator I think.

Also the fact that you did indeed experience the normal LSD tolerance build up leads me to think that it was real. Nbome doesn't cause such a drastic tolerance build up.

11. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

Everything about this sounds like LSD to me :) wonderful.

Regarding NBOME tolerance, I've heard it say that they produce actually MORE tolerance than most psychedelics.

12. eatlysergicacid

eatlysergicacid Creep in a T-Shirt

I only say that because of friends experiences with it, tripping several days in a row on similar doses. Also orisons patterns of use come to mind. Although I don't quite remember what his verdict on tolerance was.

13. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

25D-nBome blotters I had wasn't really that much bitter compared to tryptamines, they were more... hm... sour and bitter.
    But then I never took LSD.

14. Snyfin

Snyfin surfing the astral plane

nbomb is a weirder, darker trip, but still visual like lsd. not as spiritual but still profound.

15. Jimi2007

Jimi2007 Member

I'm really starting to hate these threads (I've been reading a lot similar to this one), just because it seems like in every single one people share their experiences, argue over facts, and in the end conclude that there's no possible way to determine if something is authentic LSD or not without a proper chemical test. They just seem pointless in that regard... Still, thanks for the input everyone.

16. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

dude, i don't think anyone has suggested that you got nbome. sounds like LSD to us, and that's the best we can do unless you are giving out samples for analysis ;)

i agree with the above.

when i took 25i+25c-nbome blotters, they were very bitter but also kinda NUMBING. lsd has never done that.
    when i got mystery hits that i believe were nbome, they were also numbing.

and the taste spread around when i took a drink of my whiskey and ginger ale (you probably shouldn't booze with nbome - just illustrating that the taste should spread with nbome, and with lsd it kinda rinses away if it's from the taste of the dirty paper it's on)

from what i've read, it seems that they produce extensive tolerance after heavy use. but maybe initially there's not much of a tolerance to tripping on days in a row?