LSD Immunity?

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by sunshine69, Oct 14, 2007.

1. sunshine69

sunshine69 Member

My friend has taken many hits of powerful acid, but has never tripped while everyone else did. Is it possible to be immune to LSD? And why does it happen?

2. lifelovefun

lifelovefun Member

How often does he do it? There's a tolerance with some psychedelics like mescaline and LSD.

3. young_deadhead

young_deadhead I Love Lucy

ive never heard of anyone being immune maybe erowid has something on this

4. LSD ASAP

LSD ASAP Member

I read an article about some guru eating 12000 ug and he was fine. First time I tried it I also didn't trip and everybody else did. I think as a mom I was maybe affraid just to stay in control around the kid and somehow subconciously I blocked it. So obviously there is a way of blocking it. How, I don't know. The next time I tried, came to it with a completly open mind and it was wonderful. Don't see a reason why anyone would do that to themselves. Maybe once or twice can happen but all the time its a bit strange.
    If I find that article I'll post a link to it.

5. LSD ASAP

LSD ASAP Member

6. PsychMyke

PsychMyke Senior Member

Until i see it done with my own eyes i refuse to believe it.

Not until i trip of the acid first and then WATCH him put the 10 strip on his tongue and chew that fucker will i ever believe that a man can take 1200 mics and coherently ask for more an hour later...

My hypothesis is that he did feel it, and due to his nature and disposition can handle the drug remarkably well. LSD is a chemical, its chemistry, its SCIENCE. That doesn't have anything to do with a mind fixed on God. Jesus was a human, LSD effects humans profoundly, therefore, if jesus ate acid...he would probably trip. I dont see how God/meditation/or any other religious act could make this man immune to the most powerful substance in the world. Im not saying it didnt happen, im just saying it goes against all logic and reasoning...that guy has balls to even try it though, 1200 mics would be quite the trip.

7. LSD ASAP

LSD ASAP Member

I agree with you especially on that dose. It's completly not logical but according to them possible.

8. Share the Warmth

Share the Warmth Member

LSD is merely a chemical key. The drug only triggers certain receptors and the mind does the rest. If a man has a consciousness that is already that expanded to that level, it would do very little. If were talking about someone who goes there everyday through his meditation, I don't think even a large dose of LSD would do too much. Maybe he felt something, like he does when he normally meditates, but it was nothing out of the ordinary for him.

Some people can actually get there without LSD, I believe it, but very few of us have the access to that knowledge or the time to use it.

9. Shapeshifter

Shapeshifter Member

I completely agree with you!
    Its all deep inside your mind, I always wanted to try dose like that, but since I am merried, have kid and very responsible job, I never had the chance to have few days to do it in complete peace. But maybe I am not yet ready for it and thats why I don't have the time to do it, maybe when I am ready, the opportunity will raise! I guess it is like with DMT, it will find you when you are ready for it! But, I must say, I am not afraid of doing it, actally, I am more excited and completely self confident that it will be the best time of my life!

Love you all!

10. PsychMyke

PsychMyke Senior Member

LSD attatches to your serotonin receptors and stimulates them

Regardless how enlightened you are already....LSD stimulating your receptors would leave you in a state of psychedelic intoxication. period, it has nothing to do with this man being enlightened. Even if he didnt get much spirituality from the trip, he would still feel intoxication.

All you guys are talking LSD philosohpy. What your saying makes sense, but only when your talking about some kind of spiritual journey or personal growth. That has nothing to do with how LSD effects humans. LSD is a drug that fucks you up, what you take out of the experience and how you can handle it doesnt change how it effects the chemistry of your brain. Thats why im skeptical. Like i said, i think he did feel it, because its impossible not...but he just handled it well, and adding on the the above posts, is already enlightened so he didnt feel the spiritual aspect of the drug and experienced it it as more of an intoxicant.

And if by some chance he really felt nothing...then it was probably due to some predisposed difference in his brain and the way it works in comparison to other people. Not anything bad or serious, just something that prevents lsd from working on him normally. but the notion of this man using some kind of reglious meditation to block the effects of the drug is the most rediculous thing i have ever heard. Ive accepted god many times in my life but he's never given me anything in return....especially not super human abilities to conquer the absolute laws of science.

Also, do some research on meditation. When your in that state (meditation) its not like tripping. It puts you on the same level spiritually that LSD does but its not the effects of a drug, your receptors arnt being pummeled, therfore you see no colors, there are no crazy themes, there arnt moments where your holding on for dear life cause your tripping so hard, its not like that. My friend meditates, and he even told me its not even close...unless hes doing it wrong, but i dont believe that LSD and meditation are equal. meditation is the ACTIVATING of certian neurons....LSD is the stimulation of neurons through an intense chemical reaction. big difference.

11. StayLoose1011

StayLoose1011 Senior Member

What you have to understand PsychMyke is that Maharaji was such a high being that he would not have reacted had someone cut off his foot. Seriously. There is literally nothing that you could do to him that would shake him. His ego died many years before he ever tripped, so there was no ego left to die. I'm not saying the drug did not affect his brain. I'm sure it did, which is precisely why the fact that he asked for more after 1200 is so amazing. His power of concentration, his ability to see through the incredible stimulation that overwhelms so many of us when we trip are is just that strong. If he ate a whole sheet, I'm sure he couldn't do much - he probably couldn't see because the visuals would be so intense - but for him 1200 mikes is like having a beer. You know how some people totally lose control after two beers, and other people can drink a six pack and you'd never know it? It's a psychological tolerance, not a physical one.

12. PsychMyke

PsychMyke Senior Member

You pretty much re-stated my point. I just said there is no way he didnt trip i just think he can handle it better then the average joe shmo

13. StayLoose1011

Right, but you said in your first post that you would not believe that an old man could take 1200 and ask for more until you saw it with your own eyes, and I'm saying I think it did happen. I now see that later in that post you said you weren't saying it didn't happen, which confuses me greatly for obvious reasons, but yeah I guess we don't disagree. :)

14. Shapeshifter

Shapeshifter Member

I think you are both right up to some point. It definitely did have an effect on him, but he felt like he is at home on that dose. I will tell you that my first 300 ugs were pretty hectic first time, but every other time it was less and less hectic, not because of tolerance as I was leaving few weeks between trips, but because every time I realized more and more what is happening and what I feel and every time I was becoming more and more familiar with those feelings and every time I was learning more and more how to use those feelings, instead beeing surprised that I feel this or that. With meditation, you get to those feelings, but you need to work hard and long, while with LSD it starts immidiatelly. They say that you need aproximately to meditate for 5 years to reach the stage that 300ug give you instantly. So, if the guy already knows how to USE those feelings witch come with 1200 ugs, he will feel like he is at home, not hectic at all and to somebody it can look like it didn't have any effects on him, because we are not still familiar with feeling witch come with 600-1000 ugs and obviously you think that even him should freak out.
    Hope you understand what I am talking about!

15. PsychMyke

PsychMyke Senior Member

yeah my bad...

i guess what i mean was that i believe that it happened but not as they said it did. The reasons for his tolerance wern't religious in nature. i still find the whole story farfetched regardless

16. Share the Warmth

Share the Warmth Member

There are many levels of meditation. Some of those guys were capable of actually burning holes in the walls of caves with their minds, that's the level of psychic power being harnessed from how deeply they meditate. I don't mean to be offensive but the level of meditation your friend has achieved may be only a tiny shadow of what is humanly possible.

When it comes to human feats, nothing surprises me. Look at what Rasputin endured and survived through, because the guy knew magick so well. When you're dealing with a monk, magician, or other extremely enlightened person, the normal rules and hard science just don't apply.

You can have your own beliefs on the subject, but I think some people have more control over their brains than you or I have experienced yet.

17. psyhco_delic

psyhco_delic Member

burning holes in walls of caves? i know theres alot meditation can do but damn!

18. RancidPunx

RancidPunx Member

Dude, I can't even read your posts because your signature is so fucking gay.

and I don't mean to offend anyone by that remark.

19. StayLoose1011

hahahahaha... his signature makes me laugh, but so does yours, for a completely different reason - that album is one of the worst pieces of "music" I've ever heard.

20. PsychMyke

PsychMyke Senior Member

Ok...show me some proof of that happening.

Lemmie see the link that has an article. I'm sorry, but if this were possible it would be more widely known to the general public. Sounds like folklore to me.