Low dose more prone to bad trip?

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by weallhumalong, Feb 17, 2009.

1. weallhumalong

weallhumalong Member

So I've only tripped a handful of times, and I do it for the right reasons, but no matter what my mind always gets caught up running in circles and i get all depressed and lonely and focused on the negative. I try and I try to let go and I try to change my thought patterns but I just cant seem to do it. I definitely don't regret any of my trips, as when its all over i am extremely grateful for the insight, and I believe that I am changed for the better...

Anyway, I'm wondering if I took a bigger dose, maybe I would be more caught up in the trip, and I wouldn't really have the capacity (for lack of a better word) to get caught up in these thought patterns. Whenever I've tripped I've gotten the impression that I'm being called to do more and that I'm ready to experience it to the fullest. I guess I know the answer but I'm just looking for others to confirm. By the way my doses are like 1-2 hits of acid and 2-3 grams of mushrooms.

2. Prea

Prea Member

Eh imo if you get into those thoughts with low doses, it's just going to be worse at a higher dose.

3. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

Yes, all things being equal, your bad thought patterns will simply be much stronger and much more 'bad' at higher doses.

However, lots of other things change at higher doses, including your thought patterns.

I wouldn't recommend higher doses of shrooms, because shrooms is not really about thinking, it's about experiencing your Self.

Take a bigger acid dose with your most trusted trip sitter. 5+ hits and good luck to you.

Do you have any ideas as to WHY you spiral into these mindsets? Why does this happen to the entity that is you?

4. Prea

Prea Member

Yea perhaps you've got some issues that you should try working out before tripping next time.

5. weallhumalong

weallhumalong Member

maybe but it seems like tripping is a great way to work out issues. I'm not sure why I spiral into these mindsets.. i kind of tend to do that when im sober, but when im sober i have the control to change it. maybe its from smoking pot while im tripping? I know my thoughts are much harder to control when im high

6. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

l o fecking l

dude

stop smoking pot while tripping.

7. weallhumalong

weallhumalong Member

yeah? it seems like the drugs never kick in until i smoke but i guess ill have to try it.

8. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

Yeah that's because you can never wait long enough to find out, and you grab for the mary jane. I've been there man. Mary jane is only good for getting to sleep after psychedelics, during the main event you wanna be as sober as possible.

you're getting the deepest lesson of your life, if you show up to class baked out of your mind for it, of course it's going to be confusing and negative. that's what marijuana does. stupid, tired, hungry, happy.

9. GoodVibes1

GoodVibes1 Member

agreed
    there is no better feeling than having a sober mind that is about to get melted.:cheers2:

10. weallhumalong

weallhumalong Member

hmmm interesting. I guess I'll have to try without though i have a feeling it will be a little while before i trip again. and yeah weed during the come down is great it feels like im smoking the pure essence of life and i could smoke fields of it

11. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

i used to always smoke soon after dosing, so that by the time the joint was done you were feelin it. now i like to trip without weed - actually with weed at the end - actually maybe once while i'm peaking IF i can handle it. weed will usually make it more intense for me. and when i smoked too much, i felt the same way - that i couldn't feel the trip til i burned one. trust it though, you will;)

so yea, don't smoke til you're "coming down"

12. Thecookiemonster

Thecookiemonster Member

Suggesting that smoking during a trip ruins it because your not in a "sober" state of mind is crazy. Your already not sober cuz of the trip and weed can intensify it to a great extent either the mind or visual aspect. If you have a good relationship with marijuana and usually smoke with your friends and are tripping with them than absolutely smoke during the trip. Once you get used to the high it truly is a more real reality, your mind scans in a much more expansive way your senses seem to increase but the downfall in your situation is your emotions intensify. I suggest dealing with your problems now that have been bugging you instead of just continuously tripping on the same bad thoughts, then take a higher dosage. I've had the same problem with lsd cuz all my faults smack me in the face but shrooms this hasnt appeared as much so maybe try an eighth of shrooms while in nature.

13. gnomefootlocker

gnomefootlocker Member

try doing something creative while tripping. for me at least, if i am tripping alone and begin thinking bad things if i start drawing or using my trip to be creative, it makes me feel great about myself and the fact that i am tripping. it makes me feel like the trip is "for something".

14. comradechristophe

comradechristophe Member

low doses for me always seem like there on the edge of a fence, with high doses you completely let go... you kinda have to. with low ones its kinda like pre trip jitters the entire time.

15. pSYnE0

pSYnE0 Member

Yeah, dont smoke pot while triping. Pot gives me even alone bad negative thought loops/patterns, but psychedelics never have give me that.

16. the_famous_mockingbird

the_famous_mockingbird Member

Like someone else said, If you have a good relationship with marijuana, then go ahead and smoke. I know I do, but usually I dont smoke until i'm definitely feeling the effect of the LSD and past any sort of nerves. For me, smoking helps me float along.

[​IMG]

17. the_famous_mockingbird

the_famous_mockingbird Member

18. prismatism

prismatism loves you

I fully believe that not taking enough can cause problems, and taking more is less likely to.

There is a bad trip, and then there is just Too Much. I'd prefer Too Much to a bad trip, because it isn't necessarily unpleasant, it's just really intense. A bad trip is usually all your own psychology stuck in a spiral. A higher dose, and you can break past that.

I don't believe that whatever you feel to one degree on a low dose you will feel to a higher degree on a higher dose. I think that the pattern you're in is just one trip you keep repeating. You just have to get out of that one and into another.

If you want to be free, be free, 'cause there's a million things to be.

19. prismatism

prismatism loves you

oh yeah and not smoking will probably help

20. Violent_Ged

Violent_Ged Member

the older i get the more im disliking pot. i need a REAL job.