love or not?

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by willpower, Jun 3, 2004.

1. willpower

willpower Member

why is it so hard to find love? i mean i stopped looking for it awhile ago but i know it exist... but why is it the one's who love from their soul are often unrewrded and theone's who love with their bodies go on breaking hearts of the others that claim they want to be loved?what is the deal? why do the ones that say they want love build such a wall that they end up pushing love away? is love supposed to suck and forever remain an emotional illusion?

2. cbrmale

cbrmale Member

Sometimes you can find love easily. Sometimes that special person to love takes longer to find. Maybe the next girl you go out with will be 'the one'.

I was infatuated with a number of girls. But I did not find love until I was 25. We were married a couple of months later.

Before I found my love, I kept looking. I knew many girls, more than 40. And even though we were not in love, I remember many of those girls with fondness. We had fun and sensual times together. And those experiences made me a better and more experienced lover when I found my one and only.

Keep looking. Keep positive. You never know what is around the corner.

3. crazy_gurl

crazy_gurl Member

i was single for 16 years, not one single bf, but then i met the sweetest guy online. we met up, and 11 months later we're still happily together and love each other so much. im not trying to say that you should go online to look for love, but what i'm saying is, if you're prepared to wait long enough, then someone special will turn up in your life, just like in mine. true love does exist :)

4. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Dont look... It makes it all the harder. Just let it happen and it will... Creeps me out that way. I mean I'll be wanting love and go from meaningless relationships about physical stuff (Not bad at all, just not a lot of emotion) to other relationships with about the same amount of meaning. Then I quit for a while and find myself falling for someone... whos usually taken :p Damnit!

5. grim_rebel

grim_rebel Member

I think you're talking about love at first sight... i don't know yet if i'm in love, but she was first my friend and now more... but sometimes i think she's too damn beautiful for me, and all i have to offer is my mind and spirituality, even though i wouldn't say i'm bad-looking... oh well, i don't believe in love at first sight, i think love is something you make, not find.

6. eirek

eirek Guest

I totally agree about not looking! Most of the time when you are looking for that someone it seems that you actually end up with someone that is worse. But when you aren't looking it seems that you usually find this awesome girl that you stay with for a long time. Just don't worry about it. True love will find you whether or not your looking for it, just don't rush it otherwise you'll be sorry!

7. grim_rebel

grim_rebel Member

I agree with eirek, DON'T RUSH THINGS!!!! Flow with everything, lines, metros, sports; the strength of a tree is measured by its ability to flex in the wind...

Though sadly, this can be done two ways. One is through unconscious 'flowing', and the other is through a scientific observational process, knowing what to do when and where, etc... i much prefer the first one, though sometimes i do tend to shift into the second...

8. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

like everyone else said...
    you cant find love, love will find you..
    If you go looking for it, it wont be what love really is..
    If you let love find you, then it is the real thing..

9. PsyChOStaLk3r

PsyChOStaLk3r Member

I wish that i could find someone to love...it sucks becuz you always say this untill u acctualy find it and then when u find it u wish u never did