Love in your ideal family unit!

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by stephaniesomewhere, Jan 30, 2005.

1. stephaniesomewhere

stephaniesomewhere Member

well since this sounded like it would be better dealt with in a new thread I thought I might start one!!
    :)
    What is your idea of the "ideal" family unit?

Mine is that it is important that the child has the love of those around them, that they have interaction with people of various ages and beliefs, that they feel secure and at the same time get to experience a lot of new things.....I suppose most importantly for me I believe that it does not matter if the people are male or female or what age they are, rather what sort of interactions they have to offer the situation....what sort of friend or parental figure they are...

still nutting this out but I think the reactions here might help me to do so!!

2. MamasRosebud

MamasRosebud Member

My ideal family is pretty much the one I have. I have a strong, talented mother who helped me become the woman I am today. I am the eldest child who is loved and respected and given a voice in our family tribe. I have a brother who is the appropriate mixture of awesome protector and irritating piss-ant. I have a sister who is incredibly bright and beautiful and has a beautiful fragility behind all of her toughness. I have a husband who is a male version of me with enough differences to make things fun. He is the other half of my soul; he lets me be who I am without prejudice, malice or judgement all while adoring me and loving everything about me, good and bad. I have a great-grandmother who is 97 years old with a sense of humor that can rock a room and an incredible wisdom that is the treasure of our family. In addition, we have a bright collection of aunts, uncles and cousins who season the mix. We have no children yet, but I look forward to welcoming them into our beautiful tribe of love, security and acceptance.