Lots of advice/help needed!!

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by boek, Jun 12, 2006.

1. boek

boek Member

I've always wanted to live in the great outdoors, except it's kind of hard to do when you're only a teenager without money or a job.
    So I had a crazy idea of camping out over a weekend. I live in southern Saskatchewan which is mostly plains and rolling hills, but in my city it's different. Only a few blocks away from my house is a large valley, with trails and trees. Not that many people go down there.
    I'm wanting to camp down there, but I don't know if it's illegal or anything. So, my question: do you think it is illegal to camp there?
    And I don't know what to bring. I have lots of camping stuff at my house, so I won't need to buy anything. I just need the essentials.

I'm just kind of lost on where to start.. what to bring, what to do if the police approach... help!!

(sorry if none of that made sense. :p)

2. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

i dunno if its illegal,, but if the cops come an bust ya,, just tell them ya live in the asshole of canada an ya was just tryin to pretend you worked yer way around to the pubic hair area of canada..

maybee they will laugh an let ya go.. ;)

3. measa420

measa420 Member

~~~*** WHAT ? ***~~~
    ***~~~ WOW ! ~~~***

4. DannyBoy_Canada

DannyBoy_Canada Member

HAHA.

Youre 14, and a girl/woman...so pleaseee be careful!

5. GHOSTCRAB

GHOSTCRAB Banned

Camp in the wind,rain,and snow behind the house.

6. free2fly

free2fly Members

Hey, now ... I know for a fact that there are some girls who would survive out in the wilderness a HELL of alot better than some guys! :) Same goes for age .... when I was 14, I knew everything from how to tan a deer hide to how to forage wild plants for food. It just depends on the kid, ya know? ;)
    But yeah I do agree, anyone at the age of 14 should be careful. It's good that this spot is only a few blocks away from home ... that makes it better ....

good luck to ya! :)

7. Kris

Kris Visitor

It's probably illegal, due to it being in the city (or town, whatever). The land is probably owned by the city or is private. However, being 14, I don't think you would get in any trouble if caught. Simply tell the truth, they'll probably just send you home. Other than that, I say go for it. It's not like much can happen.

However, being 14 and female, I'd be careful. If you live somewhere like Regina or even if you're in a small town, I'd keep an eye out if doing this alone, because there are alot of fucked up people out there.

8. DannyBoy_Canada

DannyBoy_Canada Member

Just to be clear, I wasnt laughing at you, I was laughin at the post above you. I salute your for being so adventurous at your age!

9. GHOSTCRAB

GHOSTCRAB Banned

A weed-eater will make your hides soft too.I have been impressed with the urgency of doing.Knowing is not enough;we must apply.Being willing is not enough;we must do...LEONARDO DA VINCI

10. free2fly

free2fly Members

I know Dannyboy ... I was pointing out that being 14/girl has nothing to do with ability...
    :)

11. tuatara

tuatara Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

worse that can happen there concerning the legality of camping is being told to move on..as far as other dangers i do not know the area but to be safer bring a friend

12. DannyBoy_Canada

DannyBoy_Canada Member

No, but there are far more old men willing to do nasty things to a 14 year old girl then there are to a 14 year old boy.