Lost

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by CrucifiedDreams, Mar 12, 2008.

1. CrucifiedDreams

CrucifiedDreams Members

Anyone actually enjoy this show?
    I just watched all of it, over the last couple of weeks online.
    I thought it was time for me to hop on the band wagon and see what all the fuse was about.
    I couldn't stop watching becuase I just wanted some answers... But really it was a big disapointment.
    It really seemed to go no where, and fast.
    What did you think?

2. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

I love Lost, it's probably my favourite show on right now, and I'm not really that big on American drama series. It would probably be quite hard to get into if you start watchinf 4 seasons in. You really have to watch it from the beginning otherwise it's wholly confusing. And it doesn't give answers very quickly, it's what keeps people watching. It's only going on for two more seasons though, so I don't think they'll have stretched it out too long in the end....

3. CrucifiedDreams

CrucifiedDreams Members

No, I did start watching it from the beginning, it just seems pointless to me. It's like the same things keep happening, and what do you learn at the end of the day? Don't trust anyone. Well done. I felt like there needed to be more answers to keep me interested, and I also thought there were way to many characters, I had a hard time, caring about any of them.

4. Peace-Phoenix

I like narratives with lots of characters, and I think most of them are richly individuated. Bigger's not always better, but if there's sufficient depth as well as breadth it provides more and stronger story angles....

5. bokonon

bokonon Senior Member

Aye I'm quite into 'Lost' like. We're renting the series, a disc at a time, so every couple months (for god knows how long now!) we sit down and rattle off four episodes in one sitting. That's been a good way to watch it. However it's been ages since the last disc, I guess 'cause a new series recently came on TV.

Not sure where I'm up to exactly, still no answers here yet either!

Can't say I'm really minding that. I'm enjoying just watching more and more questions pop up - Starting to wonder wether any of the islanders will live to learn the truth :)

6. Celtic Hippie

Celtic Hippie Member

I love lost! It's so compilcated but thats why it's so good.
    peace

7. Moon_Beam

Moon_Beam zaboravljas

I've only seen a couple of episodes from the first series and I liked it then, but I lost interest in it. Generally I'm not much of a fan of American TV, most of it out there I have never been able to get into.

8. life705

life705 Member

John Locke is dead! *cries*

9. Moon_Beam

Moon_Beam zaboravljas

well now there is no point in me ever watching it now I know he dies!

10. Peace-Phoenix

I don't think he's dead. Think how the finale ended, they'll revive him....

11. i_need_a_miracle

i_need_a_miracle Cajun Cornbread Jigger

I'm pretty sure that was a decoy to get everyone back to the island. I don't think Locke's dead. But you never know what could have happened on the island after it was moved by Ben and after the Oceanic 6 left it.

12. Peace-Phoenix

I think he is dead, but I expect the island will revive him, that's why they need to bring him back....

13. i_need_a_miracle

i_need_a_miracle Cajun Cornbread Jigger

Oooh, that makes sense. Didn't think about that one. :)
    Actually, Ben says they ALL have to go back.
    But I remember Ben saying that whoever moves the island can't come back.
    So how is he going to be allowed to go back?