Lost Marilyn Monroe photos

Discussion in 'Movie Stars' started by caliente, Jun 2, 2009.

1. caliente

caliente Senior Member

Seeing the lost Marilyn Monroe photos in the news made me think about her a bit. She was a very interesting lady. That dumb blonde schtick was just an act ... she was as shrewd as they come, and she knew exactly what she was doing.

As an actor, she wasn't exactly the greatest who ever lived, although she was very underrated as a comedian. And she wasn't nearly as beautiful as some film stars of today, in my opinion.

But oh man, when she was on the screen, you didn't look at anyone else. That woman had more screen magnetism than anyone I've ever seen.

2. HawaiianEye

HawaiianEye Member

Definitely a unique and very interesting actress and lady,who also made a number of good movies.Very charismatic.She did dominate the screen or have incredible screen magnetism as you call it.And so many other actors and actresses from that era did too.---I always thought her beauty was over-rated.To me actresses like Lauren Bacall,Doris Day,Julie Andrews(in their prime) and a number of other actresses from that era were far more attractive than Marilyn Monroe and most of the 'current crop' of actresses.

3. caliente

caliente Senior Member

Lauren Bacall was definitely hot. But still, can you imagine her standing over that heating grate with her dress billowing out? That was classic Marilyn.

4. QueerPoet

QueerPoet Senior Member

Thanks for the tip: I hadn't heard anything about this. I'll do a quick Google image search. Marilyn was no dumb blonde. But her film studio purposely promoted her as such. She fought for better roles. I loved her in SEVEN YEAR ITCH and SOME LIKE IT HOT. :cheers2:

--QP

5. caliente

caliente Senior Member

Oh yeah, she was hilarious in "The Seven-Year Itch". I loved the scene where she's on the piano bench with that guy and he goes into his little fantasy and tries to kiss her. They fall onto the floor, and he regains his senses.

"Oh, I'm terribly sorry," he says. "That never happened to me before."

"Really?" she replies. "Happens to me all the time."

6. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

Personally, I find her to be the most beautiful person to live in a raw-physical sense.

But I have a lot of respect for her personality, as well. She was very funny. She's just not my taste, I suppose.

I can't picture any of today's slutty stars pulling off her role in Seven-Year Itch. And most of the sex icons are ridiculously trashy (especially Megan Fox, what the fuck, peeps?)