Lost control

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Manifest831, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Manifest831

Manifest831 Member

4 months ago I used to get afraid of things, and worry about things and then I learned that all that was just a manefestation of fear. I learned to control it and now I don't worry about anything anymore. I still have problems but they dont really affect my mood.

A couple days ago, I had just finished smoking and I was sitting at the computer and my heart beat felt fast, which was normal but it was bothering me. Soon I had a feeling in my chest, like there was pressure in there and something was blocking the pressure from being let out. Now I think it was just some gas in my stomach but at the time I thought I was going to have a heart attack. And I lost control and couldnt convince myself that I was trippin. What went wrong?

2. xSOADxX075

xSOADxX075 Member

You should take a break. Marijuana has never killed anyone from smoking it, so there's not much to worry about. When you feel that way, find something to take your mind off it, maybe it was an anxiety attack.

3. -Stevey-

-Stevey- Member

I used to get paplitations in my neck cause my heart beat was so fast. What would happen was i'd feel my heart feeling fast, get worried and then my heart would get even faster because of my anxiety and i'd feel a pulsation in my neck and think alot of crazy shit was wrong with me. Next time it happens try to find something to focus on, something physical, clean your room do the dishes anything to keep ur mind of negative thoughts.

4. DandysTree

DandysTree Member

cannabis has a tendency to exasperate underlying mental problems, you have quite a few threads like this, maybe this is not the plant for you...

5. Rocklobster

Rocklobster Senior Member

In a word what you need is meditation and learn to transport ya self away from all your worldly troubles for bit.

6. kobilica

kobilica Member

I got that attack nearly everytime then I fell good after it...

But thinking that I am going to die is not worth it ... why D:

7. bigmannn

bigmannn Member

I've had a similar thing happen to me. I was driving and could hear my heart beating so fast. Like thumping. It had a little pain but was more just scary. especially cause I was really baked and paranoid. I stopped for like 2 weeks. I notice it comes once and awhile when I do chief, but it has never been as bad as that one time.

8. drew5147

drew5147 Dingledodie

Remove the vibration of fear from your being.

Realize that everything is impermanent, and that you will die someday.

It is counter-productive to live in fear of death, as it is only another part of life, and you will be born again, provided that you had not already liberated yourself.

Meditation holds the answers you seek.

I would suggest learning the art of Vipassana meditation.

9. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

You had a panic attack, which most people get in their life at least once. It's only something to worry about if you get them a lot or it's somehow disturbing your life, either by scarring you emotionally or by preventing you from doing things you want to do.

It's fine, and I know it's really hard to get a grip on it, it's slippery and it keeps 'telling' you that you ARE afraid. The trick is to listen to it say that, acknoledge it as an entity in your mental world, and dismiss it with respect. It is not welcome, you have no vacancy for anxiety currently.

Practice will get you better if this problem persists