looking to rent a room in AZ

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by Dalamar, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Dalamar

Dalamar Member

My new GF is hell bent on moving to AZ and at first I thought it was a good idea also after seeing how cheap the rents are there from looking on Craigslist. The thing is we really aren't sure where exactly we want to settle down yet. I figure the best thing to do is find a place that rents out by the week until we find a place we like. Anyone know of good places to rent by the week there? Any input areas that are cheap and safe is much appreciated.

My other concern is I don't know if I will be happy there or not. I know the cost of living in AZ is cheap and the weather is great. But I am very liberal and don't know how I will fit in with people there. I love hiking, fishing,swimming boating basicly anything to do with nature and AZ is a desert. At least I hope to get back to those activities once my back heals. Are there places to fish and swim and such there.

The plus side is that my pain ( back, neck, and migraine headaches ) might not be as bad there. This past winter in ny was absolute hell! Also I am on a lot of medication which is expensive and I was told that I could cross over into Mexico and get most of my meds for a fraction of the cost and without a script saving me even more money. Not saying I would stop seeing a doc altogether just not every month.

2. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

Its a big state . Rent is going to vary with what part of the state you are in, and what kind of a place you want . As to hunting /fishing , check with AZ fish and game on lic.s
    http://azgfd.gov

3. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

you'll probably find plenty of liberals in the urban areas

weather not so great in the summer

4. Pill popper.expert

Pill popper.expert Members

If you know the neighborhood yet our streets are a straight grid. North to south have street names & east to west have numbers. Like 189th avenue to 1st avenue. Then Central ave. starts 1st street to 100+ street as u go west to east. On Peoria & 15th ave. there's a hotel that rents by the week. The neighborhood is a little shady so if you're new to the area be careful. But as far as getting scripts from Mexico if it sounds to good to be true then it is. I've been going to Dr's for 6yrs so if you have any questions I can probably answer them for you. Good luck btw the whole state isn't hot. Up north like Flagstaff it's like you just stepped into Colorado with beautiful greenery, lakes, & snow. My brother goes hunting & fishing on a regular basis in Show Low.

5. Pill popper.expert

Pill popper.expert Members

Also if you don't have insurance & claim less than $900 a month (like if you're in the restaurant business) than we have state funding for medical coverage called AHCCCS-pronounced access. If you qualify it covers ALL of your medical bills & medication. I just had $700 worth of meds & Dr's visits covered for free. So just a tip.